Jump to content
Bearerofnews

Shows that were cancelled too soon

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Seriously took this long for someone to mention Firefly?  Am I reading this right?

I was scrolling the comments in disbelief til I found yours. Should be #1 always. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does Chapelle Show count?? Three seasons of stuff that is still, to this day, gold!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Santa Clarita Diet

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles 

Judging Amy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really liked the premise of Flash Forward. It wasn't well written or anything, but I wanted another season. Would have liked it better as a cable show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Does Chapelle Show count?? Three seasons of stuff that is still, to this day, gold!!

Well, Chappelle Show wasnt cancelled.  He walked away after signing a huge deal with Comedy Central.

Defintely ended too soon, though.

Arrested Development was the main one I came here to say.  Season 4 and 5 have bern huge disappointments.  Its just not the same show.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Well, Chappelle Show wasnt cancelled.  He walked away after signing a huge deal with Comedy Central.

Defintely ended too soon, though.

 

Yeah I know lol. He went through his phase but yeah, that show was absolutely incredible. Cancel culture would hit it hard now though. These sissies couldn't handle that humor these days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

Yeah I know lol. He went through his phase but yeah, that show was absolutely incredible. Cancel culture would hit it hard now though. These sissies couldn't handle that humor these days

OMG...heads would explode.  He made fun of cancel culture in his latest stand up.

We need that comedy now though.  Comedy needs to spit in the face of cancel culture.   Only way it can be defeated.  The more people cower to it and capitulate to PC culture, the worse it gets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lowkey chappelle leaving that show was one of the best things to happen to it. It did not over stay its welcome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, August4th said:

lowkey chappelle leaving that show was one of the best things to happen to it. It did not over stay its welcome

???

It had 2 seasons.  The few things Chappelle recorded for season 3 were funny as well.

Wasnt even close to "overstaying its welcome".

If the Simpsons and SNL can drag on for so long, at least another 2 or 3 seasons of Chappelle would've been fine.  

Love to see the show today with as much there is to make fun of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

???

It had 2 seasons.  The few things Chappelle recorded for season 3 were funny as well.

Wasnt even close to "overstaying its welcome".

If the Simpsons and SNL can drag on for so long, at least another 2 or 3 seasons of Chappelle would've been fine.  

Love to see the show today with as much there is to make fun of. 

I think the show ending with just two classic seasons due to Dave going to Africa helped made it even more legendary. I found some of the season 3 skits they televised to be kind of weak. Dave staying on a show where he had problems with the network would of been bad for the quality of the show over time imo. I do wish Dave and Neal would do another show tho. I think a Curb Your Enthusiasm or Louie type show from them would be amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, D82 said:

Santa Clarita Diet

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles 

Judging Amy 

Terminator SCC was gold. Better than all the new movies and T3 1000%. 
 

Left us with a massive cliff hanger too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Terminator SCC was gold. Better than all the new movies and T3 1000%. 
 

Left us with a massive cliff hanger too. 

I was so disappointed when it ended. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×