Cutler06's Dream 2020 Offseason

Cutler06

Here's our Free Agency:

Cuts/Walking papers"

Joe Flacco, Ron Leary,  Devonte Booker, Adam Gotsis, Derek Wolfe, Shelby Harris,, Will Parks,

Major resigns:

S Justin Simmons - 5yr $70MM $34M guaranteed

C/G Connor McGovern 3yr $20MM $8M guaranteed

OLB Jeramiah Attaocho - 3-yr $9MM $3.5 guaranteed

RB Theo Riddick 1-yr $2M 

Minor resigns:

De'Vaunte Bausby, Brandon Allen, Joseph Jones, , Tim Patrick, Elijah Wilkinson, Mike Purcell

Free Agents:

DT  DJ Reader - 4yr $46.5MM $17MM guaranteed

CB Trae Waynes  3-yr $24MM $5MM guar

WR Paul Richardson 1+1yr TO  $5.5MM  $1.5 guaranteed 

Elway doesn't spend frivolously but hits some needs, save some for the future as well 

Here's the draft:

15.  Jerry Jeudy [ WR ] Alabama - Jeudy is the best WR, in the draft but Ruggs speed pushes JJ down to us. He will  make DEN's WR corp the best in the AFC. We can also pick up more speed later in the draft.

46. Cesar Ruiz [ IOL ] Michigan - Denver needs IOL help , we expect JuWann James back and Bolles played  much better with mobile Drew Lock in the lineup. Ruiz can replace Leary and/or move/replace McGovern with his versatility. Also like his mean streak and size. 

77. Jordan Elliott [ IDL ] Missouri - Shelby Harris and Derek Wolfe may both leave in free agency so Elliott fills a  desperate need. 

83. KJ. Hamler [ WR ] Penn State - Here's the speed we need at WR, increases the talent level even more. Can also take over the PR/KR duties

95. Logan Wilson [ LB ] Wyoming - A coverage LBer to help with TE coverage, will eventually replace Todd Davis

118. Antonio Gibson [ RB ] Memphis - Gibson has the size and speed to compliment Phillip Lindsey plus adds versatility as he can also play WR.  At 6-0, 228lbs he runs a 4.39 40 , just the type of player to add to combat KC's speed advantage. 

159. Davion Taylor [ S/LB ] Colorado - A projected trade, Denver scouts see the potential and can utilize his speed as an eventual replacement for Kareem Jackson. Ran a 4.39 at his Pro Day and hits like a LB with coverage skills. Will look great pairing with Justin Simmons eventually

** Denver trades #179, # 253 and 2021 6th 

182. Alex Taylor [ OT ] South Carolina State - Here's Bolles potential replacement, Munchek could make this guy special , can swing LT or RT early on

238. Lavert Hill [ CB ] Michigan - Denver needs more depth at CB and Hill fits the bill

255. Braden Mann [ P ] Texas A&M - Best punter in the draft and Denver needs a punter, Mann will thrive in the thin air in Denver

A lot of speed with some potential, I think it's reasonable. Can't say I know a lot about the character of these guys but definitely the talent is there. 

Bring it on....

Edited by Cutler06

16 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Here's our Free Agency:

Cuts/Walking papers"

Joe Flacco, Ron Leary,  Devonte Booker, Adam Gotsis, Derek Wolfe, Shelby Harris,, Will Parks,

Major resigns:

S Justin Simmons - 5yr $70MM $34M guaranteed

C/G Connor McGovern 3yr $20MM $8M guaranteed

OLB Jeramiah Attaocho - 3-yr $9MM $3.5 guaranteed

RB Theo Riddick 1-yr $2M 

Minor resigns:

De'Vaunte Bausby, Brandon Allen, Joseph Jones, , Tim Patrick, Elijah Wilkinson, Mike Purcell

Free Agents:

DT  DJ Reader - 4yr $46.5MM $17MM guaranteed

CB Trae Waynes  3-yr $24MM $5MM guar

WR Paul Richardson 1+1yr TO  $5.5MM  $1.5 guaranteed 

Elway doesn't spend frivolously but hits some needs, save some for the future as well 

Here's the draft:

15.  Jerry Jeudy [ WR ] Alabama - Jeudy is the best WR, in the draft but Ruggs speed pushes JJ down to us. He will  make DEN's WR corp the best in the AFC. We can also pick up more speed later in the draft.

46. Cesar Ruiz [ IOL ] Michigan - Denver needs IOL help , we expect JuWann James back and Bolles played  much better with mobile Drew Lock in the lineup. Ruiz can replace Leary and/or move/replace McGovern with his versatility. Also like his mean streak and size. 

77. Jordan Elliott [ IDL ] Missouri - Shelby Harris and Derek Wolfe may both leave in free agency so Elliott fills a  desperate need. 

83. KJ. Hamler [ WR ] Penn State - Here's the speed we need at WR, increases the talent level even more. Can also take over the PR/KR duties

95. Logan Wilson [ LB ] Wyoming - A coverage LBer to help with TE coverage, will eventually replace Todd Davis

118. Antonio Gibson [ RB ] Memphis - Gibson has the size and speed to compliment Phillip Lindsey plus adds versatility as he can also play WR.  At 6-0, 228lbs he runs a 4.39 40 , just the type of player to add to combat KC's speed advantage. 

159. Davion Taylor [ S/LB ] Colorado - A projected trade, Denver scouts see the potential and can utilize his speed as an eventual replacement for Kareem Jackson. Ran a 4.39 at his Pro Day and hits like a LB with coverage skills. Will look great pairing with Justin Simmons eventually

** Denver trades #179, # 253 and 2021 6th 

182. Alex Taylor [ OT ] South Carolina State - Here's Bolles potential replacement, Munchek could make this guy special , can swing LT or RT early on

238. Lavert Hill [ CB ] Michigan - Denver needs more depth at CB and Hill (who I didn't see in your draft) fits the bill

255. Braden Mann [ P ] Texas A&M - Best punter in the draft and Denver needs a punter, Mann will thrive in the thin air in Denver

A lot of speed with some potential, I think it's reasonable. Can't say I know a lot about the character of these guys but definitely the talent is there. 

Bring it on....

Love Wilson as a prospect. His testing mixed with his tape don’t be surprised if he is a top 64 pick. If he wasn’t a RS SR and played at a bigger school I’d say he could go top 45. 10 ints in four years is impressive for a LBer. He has great instincts. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the feedback, gotta say Gibson is my favorite "steal" of the draft, getting him in the 4th seems like great value to me.

Does this seem realistic  ?? I thought about adding LB Shobert in FA but that would've altered the draft ( and to be honesty, I did that first, easier to fit in my wheelhouse )