CBA Approved

candyman93

@AdamSchefter
Sources to ESPN: NFL players voted to approve the proposed CBA, giving the NFL 10 more years of labor peace, players an increased share of revenue, former players added benefits, and the league 17-game regular seasons along with an expanded playoff field.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1239192439375761408

Edited by candyman93

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

I can't believe they took that deal. It's not horrible by any means, but there are some reasonably sized holes imo.  As a fan though, I'm pretty stoked. Let FA begin!!

When the deal was weighted heavy towards the PS/bubble roster guys voting yes it was easy to see why it passes. It was a bad deal no way to sugarcoat it. But it's the deal they deserve with their terrible union.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, sherm said:
20 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I can't believe they took that deal. It's not horrible by any means, but there are some reasonably sized holes imo.  As a fan though, I'm pretty stoked. Let FA begin!!

When the deal was weighted heavy towards the PS/bubble roster guys voting yes it was easy to see why it passes. It was a bad deal no way to sugarcoat it. But it's the deal they deserve with their terrible union.

I can see some significant bitterness among players and the players' union moving forward. The vote was too close. tbh, I'm surprised a simple majority is all that is required to get a vote passed on these deals.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

The vote was too close. tbh, I'm surprised a simple majority is all that is required to get a vote passed on these deals.

it would be so much harder to form a CBA if BOTH owners and players needed a 60-70% approval or whatever increased percentage you choose.

It's amazing how quick SECURITY makes one react in times like this. Smart move by the players but they got hosed. Stock market crash and virus panic makes one happy to stay at home and take care of their family. Hoping fans get FA/draft as a distraction. I'm good but every time I'm out I'm one of the few in good spirits. Better to have your rival a team than the guy buying all the water and toilet paper in the line ahead of you.  LOL

• Like 2