CBA Approved

candyman93

21 minutes ago, whitehops said:

it would be so much harder to form a CBA if BOTH owners and players needed a 60-70% approval or whatever increased percentage you choose.

No doubt it would be just about impossible to ever get anything to pass with a significant majority.  60 vote difference among 2k votes, feels unacceptable. Doesn't look good to me for whatever reason. 

But, I have no real effective solution to offer up either. So I guess I'll just go back to being a fan. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

No doubt it would be just about impossible to ever get anything to pass with a significant majority.  60 vote difference among 2k votes, feels unacceptable. Doesn't look good to me for whatever reason. 

But, I have no real effective solution to offer up either. So I guess I'll just go back to being a fan. 

yeah it definitely doesn't look good but hopefully it works out for everyone in the long run?

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Yep. Owners took the NFLPA to the woodshed.

Didn’t the players get the benefit of relaxed marijuana penalties. Maybe that’s all they wanted in the end, which if is the case, is kind of sad given how much leverage they wasted with that extra game.

Just now, Forge said:

The owners are much better at this than the players

absolutely. owners of a business always have long-term views and project how things are going to work in the distant future, and prepare themselves for it. 

players think much more immediately, so the owners make immediate concessions to appease the players whilst they take back things that will benefit themselves much more in the long run. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Didn’t the players get the benefit of relaxed marijuana penalties. Maybe that’s all they wanted in the end, which if is the case, is kind of sad given how much leverage they wasted with that extra game.

From the way this all went down that seemed to be their #1 issue. More important than anything else. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Plus I think they got Goodell no longer being sole arbiter of discipline -- which I imagine he was more than happy to give up anyway

3 minutes ago, sherm said:

The owners saved that for 2029 when they add the 18th gm...¬¬

figure the owners would want the extra bye because they would be negotiating a 19 week long season instead of a 18 week season to the TV networks. I guess they will save that for 2029

• Like 1