CBA Approved

candyman93

Outside of the 17th game and the stiffening of hold out penalties (which is good for us, don't sign frontloaded long term deals then get mad when the front load doesn't come), this current CBA is better than the current one for basically everyone involved. Maybe fight for the second bye week. Heavily expanded medical was a much bigger ask than most people online give it credit for. The expanded games will result in more money for everyone with better TV deals. I'd be glad to hear what I'm missed but I still don't see the massive fail by the NFLPA everyone is bemoaning.

Edited by Teen Girl Squad

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

oh nevermind, I misread. You are suggesting exactly that replacement: NFC first place team would play all 4 first place teams in AFC instead of NFC. Net change is every team plays an additional game vs the same ranked team from previous year. It would actually create more potentially premier games (and cross-conference).

I like this idea and agree it's probably the best option I've heard.

Yup.  It's the only way to easily add an additional game without creating a nightmare for scheduling among all the teams in deciding who plays who/when etc.

1 minute ago, Raves said:

Yup.  It's the only way to easily add an additional to the game without creating a nightmare for scheduling among all the teams in deciding who plays who/when etc.

would result in more rematches in the super bowl vs conf championship games/divisional round. I would be amenable to this.

The NFLPA is pathetic.

Owners get: 17 game season, more teams in the playoffs, franchise tag and can still test/suspend players for marijuana

Players get: no extra bye week, no 50% revenue split, no guaranteed contracts, Roger Goodell keeps most of his power and a 10 yr deal with no opt out clause lol 

• Like 2

The thing which I don't like the most is the new playoff structure...the previous playoff structure was basically perfect. With only 1 team getting the bye, it would probably make lot of last 1-2 weeks games meaningless for other division winners (if they don't have realistic chance of getting bye).

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

The NFLPA is pathetic.

Owners get: 17 game season, more teams in the playoffs, franchise tag and can still test/suspend players for marijuana

Players get: no extra bye week, no 50% revenue split, no guaranteed contracts, Roger Goodell keeps most of his power and a 10 yr deal with no opt out clause lol 

But they got weed taken off drug testing and no punishments for it. Seems like they got what they wanted. 

Pretty disappointing. Sucks that the records are going to go in the trash with an added 17th game. The players didn't fight for an extra bye week. Pretty dumb. I don't want to hear any NFL players complain about regulations for the next ten years. 

Edited by PapaShogun