CBA Approved

candyman93

I'm pretty indifferent.

Don't like the expanded playoffs. Don't mind the added week (I'm not a records guy. We survived just fine when the NFL went from 14-16. It's easy enough to break it down between eras (14 game era, 16 game era, 17, and the inevitable 23 game schedule era). No shock the owners pandered to the 3 years or less type of players to get it passed.

At least we get football.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228
  • Like 1

I wanted to see Mahomes break 2013 Manning's records with 16 games to be honest. Selfish reasons. I told my little brother when the Chiefs drafted Mahomes that as a Broncos fan, I no feel good about this. Since then, he's undefeated against us, has an MVP, and a ring. Which means that I won making that "call" and I still am not sure how I feel about it.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:
1 hour ago, Raves said:

Yup.  It's the only way to easily add an additional to the game without creating a nightmare for scheduling among all the teams in deciding who plays who/when etc.

would result in more rematches in the super bowl vs conf championship games/divisional round. I would be amenable to this.

Thinking about this more...

That idea would go from 12 intra-conference games and 4 inter-conference games (today) to 10 intra and 7 inter. That seems like too big of a swing. I might just prefer a rotating inter-conference same place finisher instead so it's 12 and 5. 

e.g.

NFCN winner would play:

6x NFCN

4x rotating NFC division

2x NFC same-place finishers

4x rotating AFC division

1x rotating AFC same-place finisher (new game)

This would add possibly 8 additional "premier" inter-conference games (1v1, 2v2) while maintaining all the same intra-conference matchups.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Thinking about this more...

That idea would go from 12 intra-conference games and 4 inter-conference games (today) to 10 intra and 7 inter. That seems like too big of a swing. I might just prefer a rotating inter-conference same place finisher instead so it's 12 and 5. 

e.g.

NFCN winner would play:

6x NFCN

4x rotating NFC division

2x NFC same-place finishers

4x rotating AFC division

1x rotating AFC same-place finisher (new game)

This would add possibly 8 additional "premier" inter-conference games (1v1, 2v2) while maintaining all the same intra-conference matchups.

Yeah, I realized that was a big swing but for sake of ease that was the easiest.  I had thought about something like that but there is an issue with cross over games doubling up with the cross over divisional games.  Another option I just thought of would be to play the team that finished the same in the cross over division you played the previous year.  So if it started this year and using the Saints as an example, they would play their normal 16 game schedule, but they would also get a game against the Texans since they played the AFC South last season and the Texans finished in 1st.

I don't care about current records, many which only exist as a result of numerous rule and structure changes over the years.

I don't blame the players who voted yes: slightly more money, relaxed marijuana testing/punishments and a greater chance to play playoff football. It makes a great gig even better.

I'm not really a huge fan of the 17 game season, but I love the new playoff format. It always bothered me when 10-6 teams missed the playoffs, and I definitely don't need 2 bye week teams. In a sport with such a small sample size, I'd much rather see another fringe team make it. And, if the 2nd seed can't hold them off, the structure would (somewhat) justify itself.

1 minute ago, Raves said:

Yeah, I realized that was a big swing but for sake of ease that was the easiest.  I had thought about something like that but there is an issue with cross over games doubling up with the cross over divisional games.  Another option I just thought of would be to play the team that finished the same in the cross over division you played the previous year.  So if it started this year and using the Saints as an example, they would play their normal 16 game schedule, but they would also get a game against the Texans since they played the AFC South last season and the Texans finished in 1st.

yep, that is equivalently a rotating same-place finisher. Doesn't necessarily have to be from the division played the year before (but NFL might like idea of stacking rematches that way for storylines).

28 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Every team should play that extra game on a neutral site like london,Mexico City,Toronto. If you really want to get exposure out of the country. 

Throw in US areas without teams like St Louis (not the Rams), Oklahoma, Alabama, Utah, Oregon, San Antonio

Maybe have a rivals week with games in places like Happy Valley PA.

• Like 1

I don't really get why people here are complaining about more football.  We're all fans, not players.  We all get an extra week of football and an extra team to toss into the playoff mix.  Personally, I never really cared about camps and pre-season games.  I love the regular season and playoffs and we're getting more of that.  I'm good with this.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't really get why people here are complaining about more football.  We're all fans, not players.  We all get an extra week of football and an extra team to toss into the playoff mix.  Personally, I never really cared about camps and pre-season games.  I love the regular season and playoffs and we're getting more of that.  I'm good with this.

It's called putting yourself in someone else's shoes. The billionaires just got another break. Retired players lost benefits.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

So that means it's a good deal for them?

I was asking that as a question.  I'm not following this situation very much.  Your post is making it sound like players got shafted, but the players are the ones who voted to pass it.

41 minutes ago, showtime said:

People hate change, so they'll complain. At the end of the day, it's all empty complaints. They'll be back watching football at the start of the season.

• Like 1