CBA Approved

candyman93

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

I was asking that as a question.  I'm not following this situation very much.  Your post is making it sound like players got shafted, but the players are the ones who voted to pass it.

Just because something is agreed to doesn't mean it's a good deal for both parties.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Thinking about this more...

That idea would go from 12 intra-conference games and 4 inter-conference games (today) to 10 intra and 7 inter. That seems like too big of a swing. I might just prefer a rotating inter-conference same place finisher instead so it's 12 and 5. 

e.g.

NFCN winner would play:

6x NFCN

4x rotating NFC division

2x NFC same-place finishers

4x rotating AFC division

1x rotating AFC same-place finisher (new game)

This would add possibly 8 additional "premier" inter-conference games (1v1, 2v2) while maintaining all the same intra-conference matchups.

That's what I'd suggested and you keep the AFC same place finisher on a rotating schedule like the division you play. No double dips that way and you won't play an AFC team two years in a row. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Actual retired players seem to hate it.

Those current players that voted yes won't understand till their bodies are broken post career or see someone like my friend who played CB(never tackled lol) for 8 yrs and has a beat up mind and body. Sad.

1 minute ago, sherm said:

People can not like his past that's fine...but to ignore the facts he's talking about the cba is just being short sighted.

I’m looking at both past and present.  The NFL isn’t breaking any promises that were already made; it’s a collective bargaining negotiation.  Both sides negotiate what they can live with and what they can live without.  Even if Eric Reid hasn’t ever been at a bargaining table, he should at least understand his beef is with his player reps and NFLPA executive.  

Complaining after a vote has been counted is what is short sighted.

19,800 a year for life compared to NOTHING for 3 year players.

Frankly the decreases that Cromarte and Reid are whining about have not been mentioned by anyone at any point until today.

I won't believe a word of it until I see proof or hear from a respected source.

BTW, Cromarte was paid 47 million dollars in salary alone.

Its not the NFL's fault he is a serial womanizer with a potency issue so he's got 14 kids from random women across America.

As a fan, the playoff explanation and the 17th game will cause more bad product.  And there's already bad games as it is all over regular season/playoffs.  I never watched pre-season nonsense, so the four games never impacted me.  These new games will.  Blah.