CBA passes

textaz03

2 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Meh. I could do without Irving. I don't think he really wants to play football.

Maybe, maybe not. I'd give him a look just the same. When he's on, he's damn talented. 

Long live Comrade Goodell and zero standard for anything. And, judgments shall be made based on whatever the mood is for given day of the week and the weather......good lord.

Zeke is already getting suspended for something. And, I would bet RG falls under the conduct policy just because....

2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Long live Comrade Goodell and zero standard for anything. And, judgments shall be made based on whatever the mood is for given day of the week and the weather......good lord.

Zeke is already getting suspended for something. And, I would bet RG falls under the conduct policy just because....

The NFLPA sucks as a union. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Maybe, maybe not. I'd give him a look just the same. When he's on, he's damn talented. 

This is how I feel.  For a team who has a big need on the DL I would be thrilled to get Gregory and Irving back.  Both are very talented.

54 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Big time. 

The NBA did the same thing years back when they limited Superstar Salaries and introduced the Max Contract. They basically said, Michael Jordan can only make a maximum of "X" dollars, and that means there will be more money for you. So since the 8th string benchwarmer has the same voting power as Jordan did, what do you think he voted?

That's why its not uncommon to find out guys you've never heard of in the NBA make 15 million while LeBron only makes 35

Cater to the majority, in the NFL's case, guys with the average 3 year career, and that's how you get CBA's to pass.....

6 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I can't believe it passed. It's not horrible general, but there are some significant holes in that deal for the players too. They definitely left money on the table imo . And that vote is really close. I don't like a simple majority pass on these types of deals.  I can see some very bitter feelings on the horizon.  

I ain't feeling sorry for any of the players. There playing a game. I get the possible long term injury risk. They can get a real job like the rest of us though.

18 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

I ain't feeling sorry for any of the players. There playing a game. I get the possible long term injury risk. They can get a real job like the rest of us though.

Dont be too much. Now they won't have to rely on dangerous painkillers that kill their body over the long run and now can depend on something natural.