New CBA approved

Lionized

1 minute ago, BigC421/ said:

So guys who never see the field or just run down the field on kickoff a few times a game don’t do very different work than Mahomes or Aaron Donald?  Don’t quote me on this but I thought I read somewhere that Sam Acho was saying something like 60% of players who have a vote make the league minimum 

If they don't like it, they should change the rule.

6 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

They have rules, the NFLPA went around the rules.  Read back a page. 

I was referring to the weight of each vote. Each player has an equal vote. BigC doesn't seem to like that.

I already addressed this: if these millionaires are willing to ignore the fact that protocol was breached and voted on the deal anyway, that's on them. I don't have sympathy for them if they won't fight for themselves.

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I was referring to the weight of each vote. Each player has an equal vote. BigC doesn't seem to like that.

I already addressed this: if these millionaires are willing to ignore the fact that protocol was breached and voted on the deal anyway, that's on them. I don't have sympathy for them if they won't fight for themselves.

You say put a rule in place, they have one.  The team reps represent the players until 2/3s approve.  Then the masses get to vote.  Those are the rules to prevent the fringe guys from dominating.  They literally have this type of rule in place. 

And again, thats hwy Okung has filed a lawsuit. 

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

You say put a rule in place, they have one.  The team reps represent the players until 2/3s approve.  Then the masses get to vote.  Those are the rules to prevent the fringe guys from dominating.  They literally have this type of rule in place. 

And again, thats hwy Okung has filed a lawsuit. 

And the players still didn't have the backbone to vote no. Think about how pathetic that is.

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

And the players still didn't have the backbone to vote no. Think about how pathetic that is.

But you said put a rule in place to prevent it, they did.  I am not sure how that is hard to understand.  The rule was circumvented.  So if your answer is put a rule in place, and there is one, shouldnt there be an issue with that?  But they are millionaires so who gives a crap right. 

18 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

They have rules, the NFLPA went around the rules.  Read back a page. 

And I will agree 1000% that if the rules are in place and were broken, that this should be rectified. 

What is disparaging to me is how there is a line of reasoning that the bottom half of the league doesn't matter, when in fact they do. That's how democracy works - everyone, regardless of wealth, position, stature, etc. has the same vote. You can use that position and stature to try and sway your position/arguments but at the end of the day, it's one person and one vote. If it's that much of an issue, let the elite guys start their own labour union and negotiate their own deal. 

5 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

But you said put a rule in place to prevent it, they did.  I am not sure how that is hard to understand.  The rule was circumvented.  So if your answer is put a rule in place, and there is one, shouldnt there be an issue with that?  But they are millionaires so who gives a crap right. 

I was clearly referring to putting a rule in place to prevent special teamers from having their votes count the same as the star players. I am not sure how hard this is to understand.

4 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I was clearly referring to putting a rule in place to prevent special teamers from having their votes count the same as the star players. I am not sure how hard this is to understand.

Because there is a rule in place that does that.  Thats why each team has a rep until they get to the general vote.  Its a rule, in place, specifically for that reason. 

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Because there is a rule in place that does that.  Thats why each team has a rep until they get to the general vote.  Its a rule, in place, specifically for that reason.

That clearly wasn't what we were discussing. We're talking about the vote held by all players. Some feel that, in the general vote, certain votes should matter more than others. That isn't the way it is.

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

That clearly wasn't what we were discussing. We're talking about the vote held by all players. Some feel that, in the general vote, certain votes should matter more than others. That isn't the way it is.

Its the same thing though.  Given they dont have a rule to say one vote is worth more than others like the electoral college, they have a rule in place to prevent every deal offered going to that vote.  Its the same thing, done a different way.  Same discussion, same topic, same outcome.  That rule was bypassed. 

17 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Its the same thing though.  Given they dont have a rule to say one vote is worth more than others like the electoral college, they have a rule in place to prevent every deal offered going to that vote.  Its the same thing, done a different way.  Same discussion, same topic, same outcome.  That rule was bypassed. 

The rule was bypassed and the majority of players still voted to pass it. That's pathetic. I have no sympathy for them.

21 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

You could put a rule in place that you would need to accrue x amount of years in the league on a roster before you can place your vote. It's the same thing with pension plans, you have vesting periods and you're only going to get so much if you've been at the company for a short period of time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

You could put a rule in place that you would need to accrue x amount of years in the league on a roster before you can place your vote. It's the same thing with pension plans, you have vesting periods and you're only going to get so much if you've been at the company for a short period of time. 

Apparently, rules dont matter to the NFLPA leadership, so I am not sure it would do any good.  They would just open it up for others to vote until they got the desired outcome. 

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Apparently, rules dont matter to the NFLPA leadership, so I am not sure it would do any good.  They would just open it up for others to vote until they got the desired outcome. 

Then it would be up to the players to vote out the NFLPA leadership and replace with someone else. 

• Like 1