New CBA approved

Lionized

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Which is the process Okung has started

I didn't hear anything about replacing the leadership but those details are ones that I haven't spent a lot of time looking into. I'll spend more time worrying about the teachers salaries that we pay with our tax dollars as opposed to what the NFL players are getting. 

25 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I didn't hear anything about replacing the leadership but those details are ones that I haven't spent a lot of time looking into. I'll spend more time worrying about the teachers salaries that we pay with our tax dollars as opposed to what the NFL players are getting. 

I just dont get this mind set.  Caring about football players doesnt mean you care less about teachers and vets.  We spend more time reading about the lions and NFL so we have some background knowledge to talk about it.  But it doesnt mean you dont worry or care about COVID or teachers or homeless because you are following a labor dispute amongst athletes in the sport we all love that brought us here. 

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

I just dont get this mind set.  Caring about football players doesnt mean you care less about teachers and vets.  We spend more time reading about the lions and NFL so we have some background knowledge to talk about it.  But it doesnt mean you dont worry or care about COVID or teachers or homeless because you are following a labor dispute amongst athletes in the sport we all love that brought us here. 

I'm saying that I spend MORE time looking at the details of collective bargaining agreements for a group like the teachers in my province (Ontario) than I do about the collective bargaining agreements of a group like the NFLPA. I am obligated to pay for those salaries through my tax dollars and I don't want to see that money get wasted. I can choose to spend my money on the NFL or choose to spend it elsewhere. If I don't like what they're doing, I have a choice. When it comes to my tax dollars, I either hand it in or go to jail. 

Normally, it doesn’t matter what the vote was. If the rules and bylaws of the association weren’t followed then the process is invalid, the vote is invalid.

If players start legal action they will win. A smart executive would reconvene the required membership and fight it out until the required numbers were achieved to attain a recommendation to vote. At least that’s the way it works in a Canada.