Jaguars trade Calais Campbell to Ravens

.Buzz

43 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

😂 I love this freakin team 😭

If any of you had any reservations about if Caldwell will be here after 2020.. you got your answer. Win now? 🤨 HA!

The $15M in savings will literally go to a younger FA in the coming days.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Nah, I don't expect this year to be .500 or better. But we save $15M in cap and can use that towards someone who will actually have a chance to be here long term.

I told you... months ago you can see the Jags moves on the chess board before they even move the pieces.

Edited by DuvalsKing

3 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I told you... months ago you can see the Jags moves on the chess board before they even move the pieces.

?

Not sure how you thought everything that's happened was easily seen back in December. 

I also don't know how trading Bouye and Campbell have much bearing on our record next year. Both have regressed on the field quite drastically. These moves gave us picks to fill holes and open up 26-27M in cap space for FA pieces that provide higher upside.

16 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

?

Not sure how you thought everything that's happened was easily seen back in December. 

I also don't know how trading Bouye and Campbell have much bearing on our record next year. Both have regressed on the field quite drastically. These moves gave us picks to fill holes and open up 26-27M in cap space for FA pieces that provide higher upside.

I say that to say how can many of you assume that bad showing this year means Caldwell is gone after this season? How, the team is going to be majority rookie to 3 year vets. You’re depending on rookies to fill holes in drafts that are relatively not a sure thing according to you so although when you get to round 4-7 it’s up in the air the type of players you’ll get. You probably won’t see true contributions from those players until year 3. These are not moves of people with short leashes or people who seem to be in desperate times of a win now situation. 

1 minute ago, DuvalsKing said:

I say that to say how can many of you assume that bad showing this year means Caldwell is gone after this season? How, the team is going to be majority rookie to 3 year vets. You’re depending on rookies to fill holes in drafts that are relatively not a sure thing according to you so although when you get to round 4-7 it’s up in the air the type of players you’ll get. You probably won’t see true contributions from those players until year 3. These are not moves of people with short leashes or people who seem to be in desperate times of a win now situation. 

Who has said he's definitely gone? I haven't...

I'm over talking about the job security of our GM and coach. They're here now and I'm not going to keep moping about it. Whatever happens after next year happens then. 

FA is about to start, we have cap to spend. We have 11 picks (and more to come).