Jaguars trade Calais Campbell to Ravens

.Buzz

On 15/03/2020 at 12:36 PM, skaterbirdhouse said:

Gotta think I’m about done with this team...CC was the man. A leader that can’t be replaced easily. The one high paid player worth keeping on the roster and they dump him.

Honestly, i really should just quit this team.  I don't understand how i'm supposed to support this garbage at this point.

You move a productive, Pro Bowl caliber player - albeit an old one, for...a ******* 5th round pick?  If you aim to win...There isn't a realistic hope in heaven that you're going to even come close to replacing what Calais still brought to the table as a player for that.  Or even the Cap it "frees up" to spend on players who absolutely do not want to come play for this perennially garbage *** team with **** owners and management.

If this goal is to tank out and collect picks, i'm not gonna watch the team i had respect for, just drag and smear it's dumb *** across the carpet for an entire season.  I won't stop being a fan of the team, but i won't watch some dip****s destroy it anymore, and i don't have any interest in watching a boring team suck *** every Sunday while they slowly migrate to London.  Refuse to support that.

On 15/03/2020 at 2:17 PM, .Buzz said:

?

Not sure how you thought everything that's happened was easily seen back in December. 

I also don't know how trading Bouye and Campbell have much bearing on our record next year. Both have regressed on the field quite drastically. These moves gave us picks to fill holes and open up 26-27M in cap space for FA pieces that provide higher upside.

Oh please.  Cut it out with the apologist shtick again.  Calais "regressed" to...a Pro Bowl level.  He's still an absolutely top tier, and highly versatile DLineman who can play multiple roles in our scheme at an extremely high level.  Not to mention, off the field he's the ******* man of the year as a humanitarian, community contributor, and an undeniable leader in the locker room.  A guy who actually seems to give a **** about winning, rather than Jalen's drama.  And they send Calais packing.

For a 5th round pick...that may not even make the final 52 roster, unless they continue to jettison everyone of actual value.  Just unacceptable.

On 15/03/2020 at 9:45 PM, KhanYouDigIt said:

If Smoot is the primary big end now, I think he has a big year.

It's not really a "big year" sort of role though.

It's a role that an absolute monster like Calais could turn into a "big year" role, by being a beast at two different positions.  But Smoot is just a guy.  He's not even a starting caliber guy at either of the positions Calais could dominate.  Leaning on Smoot to replace Calais is how teams get even worse in a hurry.

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Oh please.  Cut it out with the apologist shtick again.  Calais "regressed" to...a Pro Bowl level.  He's still an absolutely top tier, and highly versatile DLineman who can play multiple roles in our scheme at an extremely high level.  Not to mention, off the field he's the ******* man of the year as a humanitarian, community contributor, and an undeniable leader in the locker room.  A guy who actually seems to give a **** about winning, rather than Jalen's drama.  And they send Calais packing.

For a 5th round pick...that may not even make the final 52 roster, unless they continue to jettison everyone of actual value.  Just unacceptable.

How about you end it with acting as if I can't state opinions about something without being cursed out by you? Cut it out. If you disagree then state your argument, the rest is not needed.

As far as CC, he had a sack in only 4 games last year. Bringing up how he's still a "pro bowl player" when we all know you make the pro bowl by being a household name that has been there several times before isn't some major accomplishment.

I literally listed him as a guy I expected to be cut in December/January. Stop acting like just because he's now traded I'm trashing him or something. He's going to be a year older next year and was going to be making $16M. Teams don't pay up with good picks for that.

Love what he did for the city/miraculous 2017 season and he has my vote to be in the ring of honor.  But you don't keep a guy because who he is off the field/what he did in the past for 16M. He was clearly wearing down, slow whenever he'd get into the backfield and miss tackles because of it, and overall just isn't the same guy as a pass rusher at this point. Next year isn't going to be any more kind.

Edited by .Buzz