Titans Resign Ryan Tannehill

Titans fan 617

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I really, really hope Tannehill doesn't regress hard. If he manages to maintain or even elevate his play... oh man, I dream.

Even if he regresses to be near the top of, say 2 of the passing catagories above, we should still be great spot.

21 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Even if he regresses to be near the top of, say 2 of the passing catagories above, we should still be great spot.

I believe he can give us at minimum top 15 in the league QB play and I see him being in the top 10. That should be more than enough for us to make some noise with the philosophy this team has.

I really don’t worry about Tannehill 

The guy is more than reliable to throw the ball when he has too

If the Titans don’t dink around with Henry and he shows up with no hold out, a full offseason of being “the guy”, solid O-Line and 3 good WRs is a very good situation for Tannehill 

As long as Tannehill continues to stay healthy I think he will be fine

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 5:01 PM, RuskieTitan said:

I really, really hope Tannehill doesn't regress hard. If he manages to maintain or even elevate his play... oh man, I dream.

I'd be disappointed if he regresses, but not surprised. We've seen so much bad tape on Tannehill at this point that I think it's almost more realistic to expect regression versus progress. But I think there's a universe where he takes the next step as well. It's just hard to put the faith in Tannehill, especially after the KC collapse. It felt like I was watching him regress all the way back to former self in that second half.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

I'd be disappointed if he regresses, but not surprised. We've seen so much bad tape on Tannehill at this point that I think it's almost more realistic to expect regression versus progress. But I think there's a universe where he takes the next step as well. It's just hard to put the faith in Tannehill, especially after the KC collapse. It felt like I was watching him regress all the way back to former self in that second half.

Second half of KC was bad, but our coaches had no 'plan B' for that game 

jury's out on RT for sure. I expect him to be somewhere between his Miami-self and his great play from last year

he's not a guy that's going to put you on his back and win games. that's my biggest issue with him, but there are a small handful of guys that can do that for a team. I just hope that, when we have a chance in the future to 'get' that guy, we don't balk at the opportunity 

• Like 1

That KC collapse had far more to do with coaching than it had anything to do with Tannehill. We lost that game when we turned in to ******* and refused to go for points before half. Tannehill was playing a pretty solid game up to that point and they just refused to put the ball in his hands.

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

That KC collapse had far more to do with coaching than it had anything to do with Tannehill. We lost that game when we turned in to ******* and refused to go for points before half. Tannehill was playing a pretty solid game up to that point and they just refused to put the ball in his hands.

I mean, I still think the biggest single thing that cost us the game was Patrick Mahomes.

But I agree they didn’t play to win, which you have to do in games like that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

he's not a guy that's going to put you on his back and win games. that's my biggest issue with him, but there are a small handful of guys that can do that for a team. I just hope that, when we have a chance in the future to 'get' that guy, we don't balk at the opportunity 

Is that worth $30/year? That's my biggest issue there. These QB contracts are getting ridiculous, especially for those 3rd and 4th tiered QBs being paid like top QBs. It's what crippled teams in the past, and the QB contracts are growing at a higher pace than the salary cap. 

11 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Tannehill is the guy I’m not worried it’s Arthur Smith. Tannehill to me can be as good as Matt Schuab In his prime when Hou had Foster & Johnson. We need art to evolve the offense 

A. 500 career QB with a 1-2 playoff record. That's not exactly an inspiring comparison...and even worse when we consider were laying 90M G over 3 years (it's important enough to mention again) 

And it's not just Art Smith. I don't know how much pull an OC with 1 season under his belt has, but our draft shows this team's goal and philosophy. Our only non 7th round offensive picks were a mauling RT and a 3rd down RB. We're going to continue being who we're last year, hopefully a bit more diverse and consistent (bottom 10 in scoring drive %, bottom half in 3rd down % and 3 and outs, etc). 

35 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Is that worth $30/year? That's my biggest issue there. These QB contracts are getting ridiculous, especially for those 3rd and 4th tiered QBs being paid like top QBs. It's what crippled teams in the past, and the QB contracts are growing at a higher pace than the salary cap. 

I don't necessarily know if it's worth 30m/year. What's the alternative? Start from scratch and move away from the guy who made us competitive?

I dislike the contract...it's too committal for me. But I don't think we could've risked losing Tanny. 

I'm not one who necessarily believes in "championship windows," especially in this league. One thing we are doing is building a strong team across all non-QB positions, and I am confident in JRob to continue doing that. The time will come, though, where we need to draft and invest in a young QB that we envision as the franchise guy. 

46 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

And it's not just Art Smith. I don't know how much pull an OC with 1 season under his belt has, but our draft shows this team's goal and philosophy. Our only non 7th round offensive picks were a mauling RT and a 3rd down RB. We're going to continue being who we're last year, hopefully a bit more diverse and consistent (bottom 10 in scoring drive %, bottom half in 3rd down % and 3 and outs, etc). 

Okay 1st point you’re prejudging RTfrom his Miami years, that was a bad coaching staff & he didn’t have the supporting cast he has now. 2nd go back & watched the game. We played conservative at some point you have to put the ball in the Qab hands. Art did a solid job as a rookie play caller, but he must evolve his passing offense offers nothing outside of play action.