Titans Resign Ryan Tannehill

Titans fan 617

44 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

2 years ago Henry got 1200 and Lewis got 900 YFS... 

Fair. Pretty different situations though. This was when Henry's usage was not the same as it is now, and then he had that ridiculous late season run and amassed a lot of those yards in four or five weeks. Henry isn't the part I'm worried about getting the yards, it's more the Evans getting 1000. We were still factoring in Dion Lewis as a huge part of the gameplan then. 

12 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

So that part of my response was not in reference to RT. You made the comparison to Shaub... Who is a .500 qb with a 1-2 playoff record. 

My response is that it's not that a very flattering comparison... Especially for a qb we just committed 3 years and $90M into. 

Also re: Art Smith... I'll admit I wasn't a big fan of the guy, and not only wanted him gone by week 6,but also questioned Vrabel and JRobs judgment for bringing him in instead of going outside...

But... He showed a lot in the 2nd half of the season. By design he didn't ask too much of RTin the playoffs until the kc 2nd half, and he just couldn't produce. 

But my comment was more indicative of what kinda team and offense Vrabel and JRob want to run. Smith got better with his formations, design, and playcalling as the season wore on, but the general direction of the team is Vrabels call. If he wants Art to run a possession, run heavy scheme, then Arts going to do that. JRob drafting a RT and a 3rd down back who can actually run (and not just run short routes and screens) shows he supports Vrabels intended direction. They avoided WR in a WR heavy draft... And that should tell us everything we need to know about the type of offense we're running again this year... And it may bear a bigger semblance to our playoff offense than the offense we trotted out the last 8 weeks of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if Henry hits 1500+ while Evans approaches 1k YFS. 

Matt Schaub was a very damn good QB in His prime years in Houston under kubiak excuse me if I spelled it wrong. But keep in mind pre Covid 19 the salary cap raises every year. So 30 mill a year will look like chump change when QB’s start getting 38-40 mill a year 

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Went back and watched some Tanny games and I'm getting more excited for his future. 

I agree I really hope art changes the offense up a lil this year & use the pass to open up the run. I would like to see Tannehill be more than a game manager; he has the tools only flaw I see is he doesn’t read the entire field. I expect big things out of Jonnu Aj Brown & Humphries this season.

• Like 1