1st Round Mock Draft (no trades)

IdigtheRaiders!

Any draft that has the Chiefs taking a RB at #32 is a fail. There are no RB that good in this draft pool. A high upside CB is your failsafe, but they need new blood in many places, including OT and TE where they have Pro-Bowl players. Go for raw, unfinished, high upside, athletic. Smart they have.

J

On 3/15/2020 at 6:38 PM, IdigtheRaiders! said:

I might be updating this mock occasionally, time permitting.

Version #1:

16.  Atlanta Falcons: K'Lavon Chaisson, 3-4OLB, LSU

#Version 2:

16.  Atlanta Falcons: Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia

Version #3:

16.  Atlanta Falcons: Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama

Version #4:

16.  Atlanta Falcons: Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama

Man, versions 2, 3 and 4 are horrible for the Falcons. OT and S aren't even needs here.

• 2 weeks later...

Becton is the one member of the top-4 tackles who probably doesn't fit with Kyle Shanahan's zone-blocking scheme (massive types who aren't great in space aren't Kyle's thing; see Brown, Trent), so he's a head-scratcher at #13 given what else is still on the board. If they want to draft an OT there, they'd be better off with Wills. CB at #31 makes sense, but why Dantzler over Fulton?

I can’t say I am a fan of any of them for the Vikings other than a Henderson and Jefferson. Taking a LB doesn’t make sense with Barr and Kendricks already 3 down LBs. Arnette and Madubuike seem like reaches. A first round WR is possible, but OL, DL, and CB are more likely. 

• 2 weeks later...