Haha21 Mock Draft 2020

Haha21

Here is my one and only mock draft for the 2020 season.

Releases:

·       Jimmy Graham TE

·       Lang Taylor OG

Not retained:

·       Geronimo Allison WR

·       Jake Kumerow WR

·       Kyler Fackrell OLB

·       Blake Martinez ILB

·       B.J. Goodson ILB

·       Ryan Grant WR

·       Jason Spriggs OT

·       Bryan Bulaga OT

Coming back:

·       Tyler Ervin RB

·       Tramon Williams CB

·       Marcedes Lewis TE

·       Jared Veldheer OT

·       Will Redmond DB

·       Mason Crosby PK

·       Ibraheim Campbell

·       Chandon Sullivan DB

·       Allen Lazard WR

·       Robert Tonyan TE

Free Agents:

·       Javon Hargrave DT (4 year deal)

Image result for javon hargrave sack

Hargrave comes in and forms a fearsome duo with Kenny Clark. He is extremely disruptive and plays well against the run despite being a little on the smaller side.

·       Christian Kirksey ILB (1 year deal)

Image result for christian kirksey

Kirksey is a guy I was pretty high on coming out of Iowa in 2014. He has been a productive player in this league but has missed time over the last couple seasons. Comes in on a one year deal to rehabilitate his value. This isn’t the solution and doesn’t preclude the Packers from upgrading further at ILB.

·       Gerald McCoy DE (1 year deal)

Image result for gerald mccoy panthers

Another piece for the defensive line. Although not the play he once was, McCoy still has plenty in the tank. Hopefully he can come in and make an impact like Julius Peppers did.

Notes:

·I don’t have GB signing Austin Hooper because even in limited action, Jace Sternberger has shown me that he could be our TE of the future. He still has a lot to prove but I think he will develop into solid TE. I am comfortable rolling with Lewis, Sternberger, and Tonyan in 2020.

The Draft:

The Colts strongly considered taking Jacob Eason at 13 before selecting one of the top wide receivers and were thoroughly surprised to see Eason fall to the end of the first round. Gutekunst likes the way the board has fallen and decides to move back in the draft and pick up some extra capital.

(Trade):

Green Bay receives the 34th overall pick (2nd round) and the 122nd overall pick (4th round).

Indianapolis receives the 30th overall pick (1st round).

2nd Round (34th overall)- Laviska Shenault WR Colorado 6-1 227 lbs

Image result for laviska shenault

Shenault is a Swiss army knife that this team is missing on offense. Last season, another wide receiver I liked, Debo Samuel tore up the league and the Packers with his versatility. Shenault is often compared to Samuel because of the way he was used in Colorado’s offense. Shenault didn’t test well at the combine, and dropped out with an injury, after running a 4.59 40-yard dash with a core injury. The 4.59 isn’t great but he plays much faster when you watch him on film.

2nd Round (62nd overall)- Raekwon Davis DE Alabama A&M 6-6 311 lbs

Image result for raekwon davis

Talked about as a first rounder a couple years ago, Davis falls in the draft because of production concerns. In 2017 he had 8.5 sacks so the potential is there. If Davis can develop a plan to rush the passer he could be a gem.

3rd Round (94th overall)- Matthew Peart OT Connecticut 6-7 318 lbs

Image result for matthew peart uconn

Peart is an athletic offensive tackle who started 48 games while at Connecticut. He is raw but has all the tools to develop into a quality tackle.

(Trade):

Green Bay receives the 112th overall pick (4th round)

Los Angeles Chargers receive the 122nd overall pick (4th round from Colts) and the 175th overall pick (5th round)

4th Round (112nd overall from Chargers)- Troy Dye ILB Oregon 6-3 231 lbs

Image result for troy dye oregon

Dye is a fast, rangy linebacker who is solid in coverage and decent against the run. He could stand to earn some more strength to aid him in his run defense but speed and instincts are what make him standout.

4th Round (136th overall)-  Van Jefferson WR Florida 6-1 200 lbs

Image result for van jefferson touchdown

One of the best route runners in the draft. Jefferson should go higher but he is an older prospect who will be 24 years old during his first season and he sustained a foot injury in the pre-draft process.

6th Round (192nd overall pick from Raiders) D.J. Wonnum OLB South Carolina 6-5 258 lbs

See the source image

More OLB depth is needed with Fackrell’s departure. Good anchor in run game but needs work on flexibility. Tested well at the combine.

6th Round (208th overall from Titans)- Rico Dowdle RB South Carolina 5-11 213 lbs

Image result for rico dowdle

Depth behind Jones and Williams. Battles Dexter Williams for the third spot.

6th Round (209th overall)- L’Jarius Sneed CB Louisiana Tech 6-0 192 lbs

Image result for l'jarius sneed la tech

Fast with adequate ball skills. Adds depth to the corner room.

7th Round (236th overall from Browns)- Cohl Cabral OG ASU 6-5 300 lbs

Image result for cohl cabral asu

IOL depth, has experience at both center and guard.

7th Round (242nd overall)- Trade for 2021 6th round pick

• Like 2

Probably like this the most of any mock I have seen this far.

We are not going to fix the offence in FA and it is not worth keeping Bulaga around, we got to build the offence for the future. I like the two WRs you took especially Jefferson.

Like the fact that our defence looks fearsome up front now.

Nice!

I like it over all.  My only problem is with Laviska Shenault.  He could be great, but he can't stay on the field.  I would compare him to Percy Harvin, a game changer that you can't relay on.  I hope I'm wrong if we get him :) But they guy hasn't been able to play a full season in college and then got hurt at the combine.  That just doesn't sit well with me.  Just my 2 cents though!

• Like 1

Called Kirksey.  Nice. 

I like Peart for Bears.  Doubt he is still around that far in 3rd, but maybe.  

Amazing how much more athletic the top DL are than the top OL.  NFL really needs to figure out how to convert some of these guys to OL. 

Edited by dll2000
Typo

I really like the direction you took this though I think we’re not signing McCoy to be a 1 year guy. Also, I’d hate to see Williams and Campbell come back. I think we could do better. 

Dye would be a bit of a steal in the 4th but I think we interviewed him for a potential second contract down the road. Shenault will fall because of those injuries but I’d rather go Reagor due to his explosiveness. I like the Davis pick because it creates competition where it needs to be. I’d also flip your positions with the Peart and Jefferson picks. Given the Wagner signing(ugh), I could see another situation where if a Josh Jones falls down the boards, we grab him in the 4th. 

• 2 weeks later...