2020 NYJ Offseason version 3.0: Pre-Free Agency/"Build The Wall"

jetskid007

Sorry for putting salt in the wound so early, but in case you didn't notice RE: signing Fant, the Jets are looking for athletic big men up front. 

Wirfs and Becton will be tier 1, then Wills, Jackson, Thomas tier 2. 

Personally, I would want Thomas. I think he's a rock solid player and should be a very steady, stable OL. Some bust potential, but after hearing how he did in interviews there's very little worry about him when it comes to putting in the work. That said, I can't ignore Jackson, who had the 3rd highest SPARQ score among OL. Not sure if that means they would take him at 11 or over Thomas, but for what we're looking to do he would be the better fit.

5 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Sorry for putting salt in the wound so early, but in case you didn't notice RE: signing Fant, the Jets are looking for athletic big men up front. 

Wirfs and Becton will be tier 1, then Wills, Jackson, Thomas tier 2. 

Personally, I would want Thomas. I think he's a rock solid player and should be a very steady, stable OL. Some bust potential, but after hearing how he did in interviews there's very little worry about him when it comes to putting in the work. That said, I can't ignore Jackson, who had the 3rd highest SPARQ score among OL. Not sure if that means they would take him at 11 or over Thomas, but for what we're looking to do he would be the better fit.

Could we perhaps trade down and pick up a 2nd rounder and then get Jackson. That I could get behind. At least we could then draft maybe two receivers in the second round and give Sam some weapons. 

6 hours ago, xenajets said:

Could we perhaps trade down and pick up a 2nd rounder and then get Jackson. That I could get behind. At least we could then draft maybe two receivers in the second round and give Sam some weapons. 

I think Douglas will look into trading down, absolutely. Prime candidate to move up are his old employers, the Philadelphia Eagles. 

I just don't think Austin Jackson will last that long. I'm not even convinced that he'll make it past the Browns. 

This years class reminds me of the 2016 class in the sense that no one knows the real order. What happens on draft day is likely going to be much different than what we've seen in mocks. 

I'm still holding out hope that Wirfs somehow falls. Maybe teams see him as more of a LG/RT and he lands right in our laps (I know the measureables suggest the opposite, but the tape kind of shows a guy who would be better in a phonebooth). But in terms of a pure, prototypical 21st century LT, Austin Jackson is it...