2020 NYJ Offseason version 3.0: Pre-Free Agency/"Build The Wall"

jetskid007

34 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Awesome take, can you provide some context?

He already struggles with strength so he's going to get moved and pushed back far to often. Thats dangerous for Sammy. We want a clean pocket for him, his accuracy is far better. On top of that I think he's a reach there if we move back. Just take Ruggs/Lamb/Jeudy.

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

He already struggles with strength so he's going to get moved and pushed back far to often. Thats dangerous for Sammy. We want a clean pocket for him, his accuracy is far better. On top of that I think he's a reach there if we move back. Just take Ruggs/Lamb/Jeudy.

Agreed. If the board fell like he had, Thomas has to be the pick. If not him then go WR. Don’t reach for Jackson. Would be an awful 1st ever draft pick for JD

28 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Agreed. If the board fell like he had, Thomas has to be the pick. If not him then go WR. Don’t reach for Jackson. Would be an awful 1st ever draft pick for JD

I would be very disappointed to pass on a big 4 OT and not take a Receiver in their place. But we really need one of the 4. Our Line costed us too many games.

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I would be very disappointed to pass on a big 4 OT and not take a Receiver in their place. But we really need one of the 4. Our Line costed us too many games.

Also, if only one of the 4 is available at 11, I would not trade down and allow someone else sneak in and take him.  Of course I think we are all talk8 g about the same 4 - Thomas, Wirfs, Becton and Willis. It’s possible that The Jets have a Jones, Cleveland or Jackson ranked higher as OT prospects. In that case I assume they would trade down to where they feel reasonably safe they will get their prospect. If they are looking for a guard and not a tackle, I think they would be better off  selecting a guy like Muti in the 2nd. In any case, at this point, and I know it’s hard, we have to still trust that JD knows what he’s doing

as to the rest of the FAs, I think Perriman and Dorsett are a waste of money. For a few million more, I think Robby is a better investment. We’re talking about two first round busts vs an UDFA that has made himself a better all around receiver and has built a chemistry with Sam. In the league a year less, Robby has almost as many reception, Yds and TDs as the two of them combined. Even without signing Robby I would rather run with the 3 rookies,Crowder and a healthy Enunwa

also, I would prefer Beasley over Fowler. Beasley is a twitchy rusher (based off his shuttle and 3 cone times at the combine) that’s could benefit playing alongside our DL and our  ILBErs. He would be much cheaper

14 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

Also, if only one of the 4 is available at 11, I would not trade down and allow someone else sneak in and take him.  Of course I think we are all talk8 g about the same 4 - Thomas, Wirfs, Becton and Willis. It’s possible that The Jets have a Jones, Cleveland or Jackson ranked higher as OT prospects. In that case I assume they would trade down to where they feel reasonably safe they will get their prospect. If they are looking for a guard and not a tackle, I think they would be better off  selecting a guy like Muti in the 2nd. In any case, at this point, and I know it’s hard, we have to still trust that JD knows what he’s doing

as to the rest of the FAs, I think Perriman and Dorsett are a waste of money. For a few million more, I think Robby is a better investment. We’re talking about two first round busts vs an UDFA that has made himself a better all around receiver and has built a chemistry with Sam. In the league a year less, Robby has almost as many reception, Yds and TDs as the two of them combined. Even without signing Robby I would rather run with the 3 rookies,Crowder and a healthy Enunwa

also, I would prefer Beasley over Fowler. Beasley is a twitchy rusher (based off his shuttle and 3 cone times at the combine) that’s could benefit playing alongside our DL and our  ILBErs. He would be much cheaper

A healthy Enunwa isn’t happening. That’s incredibly optimistic.

And regarding Beasley over Fowler... Fowler is a guy coming into his game about to be a perennial 10+ sack guy and is still only 25yrs old.

Beasley is a couple years older and hasn’t reached double digit sacks since 2016.

They’re similar players. But for me Fowler is better and Beasley won’t be that much cheaper. You have to try and get Fowler 1st and then if we miss turn to Beasley. Not just ignore Fowler and try and get Beasley.

Love the work as always. May not be to everyone’s taste but always enjoy the read. 

I also love the UDFA signing of Giovanni Ricci. Not that iv seen him play or anything silly like that he just so happens to share my first name 😀 Rare to see Italians in the NFL lol. Although the Bosa brothers are killing it atm. 

• Like 1