Free Agency Prediction

SmittyBacall

Alright guys, tomorrow is the day of reckoning. Rumours out of Cincinnati call for some uncharacteristic spending. Not sure if I believe it, but we could be in for a pleasant surprise. I’m not expecting us to go after the tier 1 guys, but perhaps a tier 2 guy could wind up in stripes. Let’s hear your predictions. 

Bengals notable signings:

Graham Glasgow [OG] - His brother is on the team. There is a glaring hole at LG. He’s got the versatility we like. Why not?

Brian Poole [CB] - Dennard is likely to walk, and we need a slot starter. Kirkpatrick is on his way out, and we hopefully resign WJIII. Poole visited with Cincy last year, but opted for the Jets. We nab him in 2020.

Derek Wolfe [DL] - We need 34 bodies to fit Anarumo’s transition. Wolfe is a Cincinnati native who will come at a reasonable price.

Bengals notable resignings:

Nick Vigil [LB] - I don’t think he sees much of a market and opts to stay in Cincy for another year a la Darqueze. 

Clayton Fejedelem - Core special teamer and backup to - now assitant HC - Darrin Simmons.  

Summary: After landing the big fish in Glasgow, the Bengals take it easy the rest of the way. They add depth at CB and LB to open their draft board, and add another body to the DL. 

Edited by SmittyBacall

That would be depressing but may be accurate.

I'll guess they go after Van Roten for LG and Glasgow for RG. RT is addressed in the draft.

Instead of Vigil, they go for an upgrade. Schobert or Kwiatkoski.

We need a TE, the draft class is weak. Maybe we try for Ebron but we end up with Eifert again.

We spend at CB both on an extension for WJ3 and stopgap Tramon Williams

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

Thuney franchised by New England. Glasgow is now the top guard. Yeah, that prediction isn’t happening anymore.

With the $15 million guaranteed money escrow exception in the new CBA, we can make a splash like the top G in FA, but that will be our only big splash.  We still have the perfect storm of need, familial ties, and the up and coming #1 overall QB to right the ship.  I won't count us out yet.

2 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I'd have been happy to sign Glasgow, don't want Wolfe. But neither are big names. Burrow might be the biggest "name" we add this offseason.

To be fair, that was always going to be true. Doesn’t get bigger than a franchise QB. Right?