Lowdown on Littleton

RaidersAreOne

Hey boys. Hoping you can do me or whatever fanbase of the team who signs Cory Littleton a favor. Can you tell me how you guys feel about Littleton maybe not being a Ram next season? What does he excel at vs. struggle? What do you think he is worth? 

Thanks for the info in advance!

25 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hey boys. Hoping you can do me or whatever fanbase of the team who signs Cory Littleton a favor. Can you tell me how you guys feel about Littleton maybe not being a Ram next season? What does he excel at vs. struggle? What do you think he is worth? 

Thanks for the info in advance!

If we had a better cap situation then I'd want him back but given our climate then I think him leaving makes the most sense.

He's elite as a coverage linebacker and elite on special teams when he's on those units. He's an okay tackler but not great against the run. He has pretty awful ball skills. Probably should have had at least 4 more picks over the past 2 seasons. I don't think he's the best communicator as I think the Rams made an emphasis to get Weddle to have someone else to make the defensive calls.

I look at Kwon Alexander's contract and see that as his market value. It's a good deal if he keeps up his play.

• Like 1

He’s going to be massively overpaid. He’s a good linebacker usually around the ball. Just not sure he’s a LB you want anchoring your lb Corp against the run. Average to above average in pass defense. Imo not worth the huge payday he’ll get but he’s been a good Ram for a long time so I wish him the best.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Damn that is a good contract!!!

That is a very good contract. I expected him to be in that $14 Mil range. Shocked the Rams didn't bring him back at that price, but its very telling either A. What we thought of him or B. where we will now place that money. 

• Like 1

Elite special teams player, very good in coverage (better vs. TEs than HBs), blitzes effectively, and a janitor vs. the run (doesn't make a lot of impact players; mainly just cleans things up). I wouldn't pay him because I don't think he's enough of an impact player, but y'all didn't pay too much for him. Seems like a good deal.