Packer Fan Inquiring Thoughts on Kirksey

Kenrik

Last two years Kirksey hasn't seen the field much but I wanted to get some of your takes on if this is a god signing. Lets remove the injury history and assume he'll be healthy this year. How has he looked in the past? Much appreciated!

He's going to have a really good year for you guys I bet. He's oft-injured and was making way too much money, but he's a slightly above average starting linebacker. I don't think he's great, but he will be a fan-favorite. He's an elite leader in a locker room and will fill his role nicely, assuming health is not a problem. I wanted to re-sign him if we couldn't agree to get him to restructure. I have a hunch this ends up being a very good signing.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

Last two years Kirksey hasn't seen the field much but I wanted to get some of your takes on if this is a god signing. Lets remove the injury history and assume he'll be healthy this year. How has he looked in the past? Much appreciated!

Slightly above average player when healthy.

Top tier locker room guy.

• Like 2

Good run stopper. Definitely not an impact maker in the passing game. Has plus athleticism and instincts IMO. Great leader on the field and in the locker room. Overall, if he stays healthy, good signing IMO. But, that part is a big if. 

• Like 1

Obviously a big gamble with the injury history. Was he the one relaying the defensive calls on the field when he was starting. Martinez was our on the field play caller and he gone. Would be tremendous if he has the experience.

Just now, Kenrik said:

Obviously a big gamble with the injury history. Was he the one relaying the defensive calls on the field when he was starting. Martinez was our on the field play caller and he gone. Would be tremendous if he has the experience.

Oh yeah Kirksey will take over the leadership role on that defense overnight. He will be between average and great for you assuming you turned injuries off.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

Oh yeah Kirksey will take over the leadership role on that defense overnight. He will be between average and great for you assuming you turned injuries off.

Haha perfect. We had no one to replace Martinez and were going to have to draft one early this gives us some flexibility. Probably still draft an ILB in the 3rd or beyond. Love Logan Wilson. 

37 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

we offered him a contract that would have been close to what he was currently signed for just with more health incentives, so they still liked him.  he just cant see the field

To be honest, i wpuldnt trust him because of injury, he is made of glass at a physical position. 

As a player, he has good speed, he uses thatvto get to the ball, not super physical. 

Gambles a bit on run defense and geys tfl. 

Coverage very hit and miss.

Pff doesnt like him.

Pettine does.