Vikings extend QB Kirk Cousins (Two years)

RaidersAreOne

I thought this article was going to clear it up for me, but it really has not yet, because of this statement by Corry.

A team can also release two players each league year prior to June 1 (known as a Post-June 1 designation) that will be treated under the cap as if released after June 1. With a Post-June 1 designation, a team is required to carry the player's full cap number until June 2 even though he is no longer a part of the roster. The player's salary comes off the books at that time unless it is guaranteed.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-brandin-cooks-nick-foles-top-the-eight-biggest-dead-money-charges-in-2020/

On 10/23/2020 at 7:38 PM, SteelKing728 said:

Even if he does play well, QB is still our #1 need. I know the lines are weak but getting a QB (and getting the right QB) is so important.

I'd throw in backup QB as well. Sick of having Sean Mannion be the backup. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:
Golly!

I have to say, with Kirk's vocabulary, there couldn't be a more perfect place for him to play than in Minnesota!  xD  It's actually kind of refreshing to hear someone who isn't busting out with an effenheimer every other play.

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...