Vikings extend QB Kirk Cousins (Two years)

12 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

My point stands. His salary next year is 35 million. If the cap goes to $200 million, that's 17.5% tied up in one player. That's too much for someone not named Mahomes, Rogers or Wilson. 

Deshaun Watson is better than Russell Wilson...and I believe he is not that far from the Mahomes or Rodgers class.  He may not be as good as them, but he ain't that far either.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I can’t put Watson on Wilson’s level yet. 

He put up nice stats this past year, and he played very well. But he wasn’t enough of a difference maker to keep his team from a 4 win season. 

I'm not sure Russell Wilson would have gotten that team more than 4 wins, with the lack of direction and morale in that locker-room.  With that one season, they almost made the Timberwolves look like a functional organization.  

5 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'm not sure Russell Wilson would have gotten that team more than 4 wins, with the lack of direction and morale in that locker-room.  With that one season, they almost made the Timberwolves look like a functional organization.  

I'm not sure that Tom Brady or any quarterback who ever played could have led the Texans to more than 4 wins this past season.  They are a mess...I'm surprised that they won 4 games!

On 2/23/2021 at 11:39 AM, SemperFeist said:

I can’t put Watson on Wilson’s level yet. 

He put up nice stats this past year, and he played very well. But he wasn’t enough of a difference maker to keep his team from a 4 win season. 

I think Watson is very close though. He's top 5-7. Wilson is probably the 3rd best QB in the league though behind Mahomes and Rodgers.