Vikings extend QB Kirk Cousins (Two years)

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

He needs to improve his passing acumen and he'll get more respect.

Does need work I wont deny that but Marquise Brown has been his #1 WR for how many years now? You need to help out your QB when your WR room is filled with Devin Duvernay, Miles Boykin, and Over the hill Willie Snead. Mark Andrews is an above average TE though so hes still there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, swede700 said:

Well good for him.  Now, can we just kill and bury this thread?  I get indigestion every time it pops up!!

14 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Well good for him.  Now, can we just kill and bury this thread?  I get indigestion every time it pops up!!

Nope...it's going to continue to come back again and again and again and again, at least until they trade him or let him go.  It's like a fungus I mentioned in the other post. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I think we are going to miss cousins once he's gone

That would be fine, because it would be nice to actually have someone competent/good enough that we can have the opportunity to miss him.  Haven't had that since Favre.

6 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I think we are going to miss cousins once he's gone

This franchise has been waiting for a franchise QB since Fran Tarkenton. After Kirk, it's unproven project Kellen Mond currently QB1.

Do we still move on from Kirk when we can or do we hope he takes a more team friendly deal? We're not losing because of him as he's put his team in position to win in at least 2 of our 3 losses and things would be *a lot* worse without him i.e. 1-4 with the season over before week six.

Buuuuut we can't be stuck in cap hell for the next half decade either.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228
1 minute ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

This franchise has been waiting for a franchise QB since Fran Tarkenton. After Kirk, it's unproven project Kellen Mond currently QB1.

Do we still move on from Kirk when we can or do we hope he takes a more team friendly deal? We're not losing because of him as he's put his team in position to win in at least 2 of our 3 losses and things would be *a lot* worse without him i.e. 1-4.

I think it depends on what happens with the coaching staff and gm. The current staff I could see sticking with him a little longer.  I think a new front office and coaching staff would want to find their own guy to develop