Vikings extend QB Kirk Cousins (Two years)

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

huh, whut? i don't get this... you being sarcastic or serious?

It's sorta serious, because there always seemed to be this "disconnect" between various players on the team, most notably between Jefferson and Cousins, and once again, he's sort of verified it, both before the season and now after.  While it's nothing certainly major, it should be noted, because it's sort of what I referenced in other posts when I refer to Cousins' lack of leadership...and there being a leadership void on this team.  When there is a lack of leadership, the team cannot perform as well as it probably should.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It's sorta serious, because there always seemed to be this "disconnect" between various players on the team, most notably between Jefferson and Cousins, and once again, he's sort of verified it, both before the season and now after.  While it's nothing certainly major, it should be noted, because it's sort of what I referenced in other posts when I refer to Cousins' lack of leadership...and there being a leadership void on this team.  When there is a lack of leadership, the team cannot perform as well as it probably should.  

oh ok, yeah i get that. Cousins'... umm...err...personal beliefs and lifestyle...yes, insulate him from many other individuals on the team. it's not that he's hostile to them, just distant.

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

oh ok, yeah i get that. Cousins'... umm...err...personal beliefs and lifestyle...yes, insulate him from many other individuals on the team. it's not that he's hostile to them, just distant.

Agree.  I don't think there's any ill-will certainly, but they can't be as "tight" (or whatever the kids say these days) as is probably needed.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

That sounds like a lot of speculation without any facts to back it up???

Did you read up on something I missed? Could you post it please?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Agree.  I don't think there's any ill-will certainly, but they can't be as "tight" (or whatever the kids say these days) as is probably needed.  

Still not seeing this anywhere on the Internet...

Or is this about the Everson Griffen comments made a while ago?

I've read of the fans not being *tight* with Cousins, but not so much the team/players...?

31 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Or maybe he’s just a nerd and not an alpha as many men are expected to be, especially in a nfl locker room.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

That sounds like a lot of speculation without any facts to back it up???

Did you read up on something I missed? Could you post it please?

it's not a subject we can discuss here. and if you're not aware of the situation, well, then you're not aware.

10 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Or maybe he’s just a nerd and not an alpha as many men are expected to be, especially in a nfl locker room.

i remember how Antione Winfield (and his wife and son) would have other db's over to their home every week for a casual dinner, watch tapes, and chat. even though 'Toine was never an alpha, he commanded huge respect from his teammates for his warmth and familiarity.

but i get what you're saying, and agree.

14 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

it's not a subject we can discuss here. and if you're not aware of the situation, well, then you're not aware.

But then why say anything? You and I were just talking about this about 3 weeks ago lol

I understand how the fans feel, and maybe old players from Cousins days with the Redskins feel a certain type of way. I just haven't seen it with the Vikings. 

2 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

But then why say anything? You and I were just talking about this about 3 weeks ago lol

i'm talkiing about a disconnect in familiarity and bonding between Cousins and his teammates, but not discussing the source reason, as we're not allowed to. but it's still basically a football related discussion, and a pertinent one.

i don't remember what you were openly discussing a week or two ago, Covid?