Jump to content
RaidersAreOne

Cowboys place franchise tag on QB Dak Prescott

Recommended Posts

They don't actually expect Dak to play on the franchise tag this upcoming season, do they?

Why won't they just pay him?  Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I idea that Dallas let Dak/Cooper/Jones/Quinn/Cobb/ and even some of their lower tiered players get to this point without contracts, given their cap situation,  is wrong on so many levels it's hard wrap my mind around it. 

They have sat on over $75m in cap space and have done nothing regarding their key FAs for over a year. It is inexcusable tbh. They have screwed the pooch hard.

How does this happen? This team that massively underachieved last season and the team has done nothing in signing their productive players. Quinn and Cobb were very productive and deserved new contracts.

How does Cooper hit the FA market? They traded a player who would’ve been on a 5 yr. rookie deal for a 1-1/2 yr rental.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, showtime said:

They don't actually expect Dak to play on the franchise tag this upcoming season, do they?

Why won't they just pay him?  Lol

Our front office is dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, showtime said:

They don't actually expect Dak to play on the franchise tag this upcoming season, do they?

Why won't they just pay him?  Lol

??

They’ve already offered him like three contracts. Latest one rumored to be like 33.7M per and structured whatever way Dak wants it. 
 

He wants more than Wilson, which blows my mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We honestly should’ve just given him the Wilson deal last year. Everyone would be mad online but it’d be better than Cooper and Jones both hitting unrestricted free agency

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So are we really going to pay Dak $40 mill or trade him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

??

They’ve already offered him like three contracts. Latest one rumored to be like 33.7M per and structured whatever way Dak wants it. 
 

He wants more than Wilson, which blows my mind. 

I see lots of this floating around. I don't get it. This is the way it had always worked. The next man up gets more than the last guy. It's irrelevant if he's better or not.

Hell, look what Vaitai got from Detroit. 20 starts in 4 yrs and is now a top 5 paid RT. It's crazy, but it's a yearly thing now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

So are we really going to pay Dak $40 mill or trade him?

Dak's about to get lots of Jerry's money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I see lots of this floating around. I don't get it. This is the way it had always worked. The next man up gets more than the last guy. It's irrelevant if he's better or not.

Hell, look what Vaitai got from Detroit. 20 starts in 4 yrs and is now a top 5 paid RT. It's crazy, but it's a yearly thing now. 

But Wilson is a Top 2 QB in the NFL. I think it’s a fair assessment Dak doesn’t come close to that? I think 33.7M per is more than fair. 
 

If Dak and the Cowboys part ways next year, this is on Dak, not Jerry what so ever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fall in the middle on this ...   33-4 is too low for me to offer Dak.     36-7 is what I would have offered.     Then coop 19.  No way would I offer Jones what he is getting at Miami. Quinn 11-13.  Then go from there 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, quiller said:

I fall in the middle on this ...   33-4 is too low for me to offer Dak.     36-7 is what I would have offered.     Then coop 19.  No way would I offer Jones what he is getting at Miami. Quinn 11-13.  Then go from there 

 

You're not willing to shell out top CB money for an elite CB but you're willing to shell out 19 to a WR who only plays half the games he's with us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

But Wilson is a Top 2 QB in the NFL. I think it’s a fair assessment Dak doesn’t come close to that? I think 33.7M per is more than fair. 
 

If Dak and the Cowboys part ways next year, this is on Dak, not Jerry what so ever. 

What did Cousins just get? $33m/yr? That's like 2m less than Wilson. Is he even top 10? I think there is plenty of information out there than Dak is worth what Wilson makes. That's been beaten to death here though, so I'm not getting any further into that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

What did Cousins just get? $33m/yr? That's like 2m less than Wilson. Is he even top 10? I think there is plenty of information out there than Dak is worth what Wilson makes. That's been beaten to death here though, so I'm not getting any further into that. 

Fair enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

But Wilson is a Top 2 QB in the NFL. I think it’s a fair assessment Dak doesn’t come close to that? I think 33.7M per is more than fair. 
 

If Dak and the Cowboys part ways next year, this is on Dak, not Jerry what so ever. 

The QB position is just different though, when you have one you pay him. This discussion of teams cycling rookie deal/mid-range veterans is poppycock when you’re talking about a guy on the cusp of the Top 10 at worst with a strong case for Top 5 amongst young QBs.

Leverage is also altered by amount of years left on your contract. Whatever you think about Dak vs Goff vs Wentz, Dallas was never going to get their guy for less than the other two when he’s a free agent sooner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

We honestly should’ve just given him the Wilson deal last year. Everyone would be mad online but it’d be better than Cooper and Jones both hitting unrestricted free agency

Still don't see how the two are tied to each other. Whether we sign dak related to, or how, it means Coop and Quinn hit the market. I just don't get the connection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×