Cowboys place franchise tag on QB Dak Prescott

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

If that's true I actually hate Dak right now.

I actually hate the FO. They've made their bed. They've saddled their horse. Quit ******* around and get it done. Dak is waiting on the best deal he can get....who doesn't do that? 

2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I actually hate the FO. They've made their bed. They've saddled their horse. Quit ******* around and get it done. Dak is waiting on the best deal he can get....who doesn't do that? 

Who squabbles over a one year difference? Yea the Jones's should have gotten this done far earlier then this. But still 1 year? That's a b**** move.

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Who squabbles over a one year difference? Yea the Jones's should have gotten this done far earlier then this. But still 1 year? That's a b**** move.

It is, that's why Jerry and Stephen are once again proving they're idiots. They're going to screw this up. They seem hell bent on it. 

The fact that the hold-up is 4 vs. 5 years is just...

If Dak wanted a 3 year, fully guaranteed Cousins style deal at market rate, I get why the FO wouldn't do that, that's a lot of strain on the cap. But this, come on, just give him the four-year deal

Edited by matt79511

1 minute ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

The fact Dallas isn't asking for 6+ years is shocking. Yes, I want 5 years. 

Dak wants four. Cap is going to be huge in 5 years. Give Dak what he wants and move on.

12 hours ago, DaBoys said:

How far did Washington fall after their Dak left? Were they that good with him? Can anyone argue we know what we are doing?

"QBs are just different," will soon prove to be an outdated philosophy after the playoffs continue to be dominated by QBs on cheap contracts

We had a topic a few months ago about whether Dak was worth 40 million/yr. and the resounding answer was NO. I’m surprised that a lot of Cowboys fans are changing their tune on this.

I like Dak but there’s no way he should be paid 40/yr. if that’s what he is holding out for. I’m still fine with the team trading him if someone’s willing to offer 2 first round picks. The Cowboys F.O. has offered Dak multiple deals that Dak has turned down. I can’t really blame them, this is on Dak. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

We had a topic a few months ago about whether Dak was worth 40 million/yr. and the resounding answer was NO. I’m surprised that a lot of Cowboys fans are changing their tune on this.

I like Dak but there’s no way he should be paid 40/yr. if that’s what he is holding out for. I’m still fine with the team trading him if someone’s willing to offer 2 first round picks. The Cowboys F.O. has offered Dak multiple deals that Dak has turned down. I can’t really blame them, this is on Dak. 

He wants a shorter deal so he can be poised for another big contract when the cap is even higher...can you blame him? 

12 minutes ago, D82 said:

He wants a shorter deal so he can be poised for another big contract when the cap is even higher...can you blame him? 

Yes because it hurts our chances of winning and is a slap in the face to other more selfless players like Jaylon or Tyron who does what's best for the team in their contracts. 

And this can be said too for Fat Zeke, need to be less greedy and petty.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Yes because it hurts our chances of winning and is a slap in the face to other more selfless players like Jaylon or Tyron who does what's best for the team in their contracts. 

And this can be said too for Fat Zeke, need to be less greedy and petty.

It...really doesn’t hurt the team. The cap isn’t real, how many times does this need to be said? The front office can afford to give him the deal he wants and be fine. 

1 minute ago, D82 said:

It...really doesn’t hurt the team. The cap isn’t real, how many times does this need to be said? The front office can afford to give him the deal he wants and be fine. 

Maybe for you and me but for the FO it is definitely something they are talking about and we still can't figure out why exactly they are being so stingy with everyone outside of a select few.

38 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Maybe for you and me but for the FO it is definitely something they are talking about and we still can't figure out why exactly they are being so stingy with everyone outside of a select few.

Which is beyond idiotic. Stephen is too conservative and Jerry was too liberal, they need to be somewhere in the middle right now and preferably lean toward the latter if they want this team to be competitive and move beyond being the average mediocre franchise they've been for the past twenty years. 

52 minutes ago, D82 said:

Dak was the best I'd ever seen him last season and we were 3-8 against teams not drafting top 5.  It's just not reasonable to expect a better team with a less talented roster only because we paid our QB. I just don't see us as a better team than we were last year and that sucks. Hopefully we can fill a hole in the draft and get closer to the 3-8 team we were a season ago

Edited by DaBoys