Cowboys place franchise tag on QB Dak Prescott

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Unfortunately there will probably be no saving from a long term deal. What if we are paying him $40m aav? How much lower than 28 can you get his first year hit? Probably can't even get it down to 28. Russ Wilson's first year hit was $31m. 

Im hearing that the hold up is years on the contract. I wonder if we offered 40 million overs 6 years with 140 guaranteed would he take it. This would allow some backload of the contract. 

Per Year

50( Potential out)

24 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Unfortunately there will probably be no saving from a long term deal. What if we are paying him $40m aav? How much lower than 28 can you get his first year hit? Probably can't even get it down to 28. Russ Wilson's first year hit was $31m. 

Anymore I find it hard to get too worried about the cap. It’s been proven it can be manipulated. And, if the rumors of a cap explosion are true, Dallas shouldn’t have too many issues making it work.

I just want them to stop dicking around and get over the hump. If pushing some money into the future helps now, I’m all in for it.

I also feel that ultimately it would not have been a bad idea to offer 4 years like Dak wanted at say 36.  To me that’s a win win if he continues to shine then it’s a no brained to keep him at the 42 for three more years and if he drops then the Length is short enough for us to deal with it

• Like 2