Draft to go on as scheduled. Televised only.

BobbyPhil1781

A.O.K with me.  I don't really care about the player interviews right after they are selected live (which can still happen remotely through Skype or other means) and I especially won't miss the obnoxious fans at the draft.  Give me the analysis, the highlights, the big boards, the top remaining players, etc... and i'll be pleased as punch.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

A.O.K with me.  I don't really care about the player interviews right after they are selected live (which can still happen remotely through Skype or other means) and I especially won't miss the obnoxious fans at the draft.  Give me the analysis, the highlights, the big boards, the top remaining players, etc... and i'll be pleased as punch.

Amen to that. 

There are only so many mock drafts a man can read

17 hours ago, Awsi Dooger said:

I'm not convinced this will be the last of the changes. The country will be in a far different place in late April. 

I hope Goodell isn't stupid enough to go through with the bear hugs or anything similar. 

Players aren't probably leaving their homes...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I guess they are gonna refund all the tickets people bought then?>

Isn't it free?

This is the only right thing to do. I just hope the directors of the networks get creative with their coverage. I won't be able to stand a team of talking heads talking for hours in front of nobody with only brief interjections of player selection announcements. If it were me, I'd recognize that we will be cutting to lots of remote sites. I'd make sure the top 150-200 prospects had some sort of camera in their draft viewing parties and make it all about their reactions and any remote interviews I could conduct. There's a chance they could make this the most player-reaction-centric draft ever, which would make up for the complete lack of fanfare. 

9 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I just hope the directors of the networks get creative with their coverage. I won't be able to stand a team of talking heads talking for hours in front of nobody with only brief interjections of player selection announcements. If it were me, I'd recognize that we will be cutting to lots of remote sites. I'd make sure the top 150-200 prospects had some sort of camera in their draft viewing parties and make it all about their reactions and any remote interviews I could conduct. There's a chance they could make this the most player-reaction-centric draft ever, which would make up for the complete lack of fanfare. 

I'm on the other end of the spectrum.  I couldn't care less about the fanfare.  That's just reaction (over reaction) by people who's opinion I don't value or trust.  The more the fanfare, the less of the content I actually want to see.

I do agree about getting webcam connections up with as many players as possible.

8 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm on the other end of the spectrum.  I couldn't care less about the fanfare.  That's just reaction (over reaction) by people who's opinion I don't value or trust.  The more the fanfare, the less of the content I actually want to see.

I do agree about getting webcam connections up with as many players as possible.

I’m thinking this forces them to do more highlights and discussion of the draftees themselves rather than Spending a huge amount of time covering the event itself, talking about human interest stories, etc. 

On 3/16/2020 at 11:06 AM, PossibleCabbage said:

Sort of figured this was going to happen.  There was no way "flying people in from all over" was going to be a good idea during a pandemic, but the draft can be conducted 100% by telephone.

Still, I'm going to miss seeing the boat boondoggle.

I think they will give Vegas another try ASAP