Sign in to follow this  
JDBrocks

Vikings resign CJ Ham (4 years 12.25M)

Within this scheme, everything that he does on offensive and special teams, it's probably a good move.  A little hefty on the price tag but with the expected cap jump in the new CBA with TV deals and an increased player percentage, it won't be too bad.

A little high on the price tag, but with Cook on rookie scale, its okay. I just can't other teams lining up for him, that he was a priority move.

Seems a bit strange they’d pay a full back given the cap issues but Ham was good. 

I love Ham. But for a team with minimal cap space, 4 million for a FB doesnt make alot of sense. Not a fan of this move. 

1 hour ago, Eric dunn said:

I love Ham. But for a team with minimal cap space, 4 million for a FB doesnt make alot of sense. Not a fan of this move. 

He's been worth it though.

2 hours ago, Eric dunn said:

$1.7M for a Pro Bowl FB. 

Good signing but do not forget that Eric Wilson was signed which is awesome!  Not to mention a decent punter in Britton Colquitt.   They lost Stephen Weatherly to Carolina for about $6 million a year but that is not all that bad.  Odenigbo is better than him anyways.  Eric Wilson was huge though and played great late in the season and should be the 3rd starting LB next year when they go 3 LBs.  

CJ Ham is a good value for a FB and the offense would not work well without him so glad he accepted such a low number.  

i would've loved it if things went according to plan, we developed blasingame on the practice squad last year, let ham walk this off season and went forward with blasingame as our FB. 

in the long run it's probably a minuscule move but for some reason i'm really jaded about the titans stealing him from our practice squad.