The Ant-Man Franchised

The Gnat

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I would expect a contract fairly soon with Harris, if he’s not being traded. 

The Vikings, I believe, have only used the franchise tag twice, with Greenway and Kleinsasser, and neither player actually played on the tag. 

I forgot that Kleinsasser got the tag. Someone like him probably never will again.

38 minutes ago, vikestyle said:

Mid to late pick?

I can't believe that.

It makes to sense to want\accept that while taking the risk and tying up resources. It more likely late 2nd or bust for Rick.

1 hour ago, vikestyle said:

A mid to late round draft pick seems low. I wouldn’t part with anything less than a 2nd round pick, unless it’s a necessary cap move. Harris is a good player just entering his prime. While I realize the position isn’t valuable, I’d rather not turn over the entire secondary outside of Smith.

17 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

If he were to leave in FA he would've garnered a 3rd/4th round 2021 compensatory pick. That is the starting point of a trade conversation for me.

I'd agree with this. I'd take a 3rd this year and if we can't get at least that I'd keep him.

37 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

If he were to leave in FA he would've garnered a 3rd/4th round 2021 compensatory pick. That is the starting point of a trade conversation for me.

Comp picks are far from a guarantee as we've found out and a pick this year would help us more now than a pick next year

8 hours ago, vikestyle said:

I think someone's giving Ian's source a smokescreen, as the move wouldn't make any sense.  The only thing that makes any sense is that they felt they could get a long-term extension done with him, which is exactly what happened in the Greenway and Kleinsasser situations.  

4 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Stay tuned...

If they do that, then it certainly means (at least to me), that they are going all-in on acquiring more draft picks to help remake their defense for the future, and then use that saved money to extend their own guys, as well as bring back Everson/Linval, and maybe some more mid-level FAs to compete.