The Ant-Man Franchised

The Gnat

12 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I’d want no less than 41 to be honest. Unless there is no optimism regarding a long term deal, I’d then take a 3rd.

I would only take a 2nd for Harris from Cleveland. ( and maybe a pick next year as well)

Oakland looks to still be in the picture as well. They don’t have a 2nd round pick but have 3 3rd round picks.

I would take a 4th round pick for Harris. Anything less than that and it seems to me the team would have been better off letting him hit free agency. Some team would have signed him for at least at a 4th round compensatory level.  There is some value in locking in the pick, but I assume the net loss of free agents this year is already locked in given the team's lack of cap space and pending free agents.

A fifth round pick this year could be valued about the same as a fourth rounder a year later so there could be an argument that a fifth rounder this year wouldn't be a terrible deal but that is not an argument that I want to defend; there is a real chance that Harris would have signed a deal that put him at the third round compensatory level.

Edited by Cearbhall

10 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I would take a 4th round pick for Harris. Anything less than that and it seems to me the team would have been better off letting him hit free agency. Some team would have signed him for at least at a 4th round compensatory level.  There is some value in locking in the pick, but I assume the net loss of free agents this year is already locked in given the team's lack of cap space and pending free agents.

A fifth round pick this year could be valued about the same as a fourth rounder a year later so there could be an argument that a fifth rounder this year wouldn't be a terrible deal but that is not an argument that I want to defend; there is a real chance that Harris would have signed a deal that put him at the third round compensatory level.

Is a fifth this year valued as a 1st 4 years from now?

How does that work???

39 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I’d want no less than 41 to be honest. Unless there is no optimism regarding a long term deal, I’d then take a 3rd.

They better have damn good guys lined up waiting to sign FA Viking documents to use that cap space immediately. That's the only way I wouldn't take less than #41

• Like 1