Browns sign TE Austin Hooper

RaidersAreOne

Just now, freakygeniuskid said:

Have you seen the #'s on Stefanski's offense last year? One of the highest rates of 2 TE sets in the league. Which is a formation group Baker excelled in. And the TE class this year is Cole Kmet and then bleh. Makes a ton of sense.

Yeah I get that, but I just didn’t think TE was our MAIN priority. EspeciallY to the point where we would make one the highest paid in NFL history. But he’s gonna be great for us. Just seems kind of surprising. I wouldn’t have ever thought that would be our big splash. 

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah I get that, but I just didn’t think TE was our MAIN priority. EspeciallY to the point where we would make one the highest paid in NFL history. But he’s gonna be great for us. Just seems kind of surprising. I wouldn’t have ever thought that would be our big splash. 

I was expecting Harris to be our top target. But when he got franchised, I actually figured Hooper would be the fall back. Conklin is the one that blind sided me. I figured they would go lower budget there. But after seeing guys like Haalapalouti Vaitai getting 10M AAV, I guess why not get someone who's actually good for an extra 4M?

• Like 4