Cardinals trade DeAndre Hopkins + for David Johnson +

RaidersAreOne

47 minutes ago, Texans02 said:

Serious question -- does this end the Texans until O'Brien is gone? This is so astoundingly stupid I wouldn't blame the locker room for quietly agreeing to quit on him.

For me, it does. 

Deshaun comments:

With the "leader" comment, I'm thinking Deshaun is showing a lot of disdain for this move. As he should.

This is the true test - Deshaun v BoB. Let's see who wins. 

• Like 3

yesterday was probably the most i have overreacted when it comes to sports and that's saying something.  i literally was going to rant on 790 real bad and say some stuff i was going to regret but i decided not to.  i still cant believe we made this trade.  its a nightmare.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

yesterday was probably the most i have overreacted when it comes to sports and that's saying something.  i literally was going to rant on 790 real bad and say some stuff i was going to regret but i decided not to.  i still cant believe we made this trade.  its a nightmare.

I don't think it was an overreaction, and I usually call you out on some of your overreactions, so take that for what it's worth.

I don't blame anyone if they go a different direction following yesterday. As far as I see it, these aren't the Houston Texans anymore - this is the Bill O'Brien Football franchise, located in Harris County, TX. They have some players I like, but I didn't sign up to cheer for this team.

There's a contingency from Denver that's courting myself and @ramssuperbowl99 (not a Rams fan) right now. I'd suggest putting yourselves out there as free agents, see what fanbases want you...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

There's a contingency from Denver that's courting myself and @ramssuperbowl99 (not a Rams fan) right now. I'd suggest putting yourselves out there as free agents, see what fanbases want you...

I'll be transitioning to the Saints until O'Brien is gone. Drew Brees is from Texas and I've been watching their games about as often as Texans games.

First the Astros let me down, now the Texans let a petty simpleton with delusions of grandeur do what he pleases. The Rockets (and the NBA in general) haven't interested me much in years. My Houston sports world is wrecked.

• Like 2

we traded Hop like he was one of those diva WRs like AB or OBJ and we didnt even get a first round pick. absolutely indefensible move. I cant stop thinking of the clip of BoB saying "Both these guys can play" and him gesturing to Cobb and DJ

Like when I heard we were getting DJ, i thought we had traded a 3rd for him. this is so stupid beyond belief

1 hour ago, tab said:

we traded Hop like he was one of those diva WRs like AB or OBJ and we didnt even get a first round pick. absolutely indefensible move. I cant stop thinking of the clip of BoB saying "Both these guys can play" and him gesturing to Cobb and DJ

Like when I heard we were getting DJ, i thought we had traded a 3rd for him. this is so stupid beyond belief

I actually didn't realize how hard we got fleeced until Barnwell broke it all the way down.

Just to get rid of DJ's awful contract, we should have charged the Cards a 2nd~3rd round pick. Just for that. Then, again, the floor for Hop should have been the OBJ trade (OBJ is more injured and more dramatic, and Hopkins had a wildly favorably contract). So Hopkins' value is probably a 1st + a 2nd (or next year 1st) + a rising player that's already starter quality. Add that up, and the trade should have looked something like this (which I assume the Cards would have not taken).

Texans get: 1st, 3rd, 1st next year, DJ, young starter or 2nd~3rd next year

Cards get: Hopkins

A reminder, this is the actual trade.

Texans get: 2nd, 4th next year, DJ

Cards get: 4th, Hopkins

Sit back and marvel at the gap in value. I could have lived with the proper value trade. Blah blah we needed draft capital and Hopkins hurt BOB's fee-fees by daring to disagree with him, whatever. I'd still disagree with it because Hopkins is everything you want in a receiver and you don't know how draft picks will work out, but I can understand it. The actual trade, though, should literally result in mutiny. From both the fans and the locker room.

EDIT: Adding to the humiliation is who BOB got fleeced by, Steve Keim. As a reminder, here are Keim's highlights from the past few years:

- Got arrested for drunk driving

- Traded up to select Josh Rosen, then shipped him out for pennies on the dollar one year later

- Fired a coach after 1 year that was working with a garbage roster that Keim assembled, and hired a college coach with a losing record to replace him

This is who completely dominated BOB in a trade. Thank god someone competent didn't call, who knows what else BOB would have been willing to throw in to rid himself of one of the league's best receivers on a favorable contract.

Edited by Texans02
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I don't think it was an overreaction, and I usually call you out on some of your overreactions, so take that for what it's worth.

I don't blame anyone if they go a different direction following yesterday. As far as I see it, these aren't the Houston Texans anymore - this is the Bill O'Brien Football franchise, located in Harris County, TX. They have some players I like, but I didn't sign up to cheer for this team.

I'd say join us in the Browns forum and be a Browns fan, but I'm guessing you wouldn't want to go from one heartbreaking franchise to another even more depressing team.

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The trade was like a knife being stuck in someone. Giving them our 4th round pick this year was turning the knife. That makes the least sense of anything. Why on earth would be trade our 4th to them?

Arizona "Okay well we got some serious aspirations for this one player in the first, so we'll give you a second, a fourth, David Johnson, that's the highest I'll raise"

Bill O'Brien "I'll raise you one better! How about MY fourth round pick too?"

• Like 1