Cardinals trade DeAndre Hopkins + for David Johnson +

RaidersAreOne

I feel you pain guys.  I am trying to wrap my head around the move and can't understand the logic from a trade or personal perspective. 

Trading one of the nest WR's in the game who's on a friendly contract considering what Cooper just got paid for a bum RB and moving up from a 4th to a 2nd doesn't make much sense.  A few possible things have occurred.  I rift with BOB that got ugly combined with NUK wanted a new contract where he would be the highest paid WR in the game.  BOB said no way and shipped him out.  I'm also not familiar with NUK off the field or how he is viewed by his teammates.  Was he perceived to be a team player or a diva?  Maybe something occurred that has yet to be released.

Regardless I am a Raider fan and have been through the senile Al Davis years where year after year we were ripped off on trades for washed up bums, overpaid for players who came into town and did nothing.  It was rough but it taught me a lot about football and how an organization should and shouldn't be ran.  

Keep you heads up guys and hopefully there is more to the story than BOB just being hard headed and wanting to move on from a player just because they didn't get along. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I feel you pain guys.  I am trying to wrap my head around the move and can't understand the logic from a trade or personal perspective. 

Trading one of the nest WR's in the game who's on a friendly contract considering what Cooper just got paid for a bum RB and moving up from a 4th to a 2nd doesn't make much sense.  A few possible things have occurred.  I rift with BOB that got ugly combined with NUK wanted a new contract where he would be the highest paid WR in the game.  BOB said no way and shipped him out.  I'm also not familiar with NUK off the field or how he is viewed by his teammates.  Was he perceived to be a team player or a diva?  Maybe something occurred that has yet to be released.

Regardless I am a Raider fan and have been through the senile Al Davis years where year after year we were ripped off on trades for washed up bums, overpaid for players who came into town and did nothing.  It was rough but it taught me a lot about football and how an organization should and shouldn't be ran.  

Keep you heads up guys and hopefully there is more to the story than BOB just being hard headed and wanting to move on from a player just because they didn't get along. 

Hopkins was well liked off the field, active in charitable causes, and his teammates considered him a leader even if BOB was too stupid to see it (spoiler: he is). Hop is exactly the kind of guy you'd want on your team.

Sadly, there's little more to the story. BOB is a pig-headed moron that has no business as an NFL head coach, much less one with GM power.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Watch Michael Irvin's recap of his discussion with Nuk

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/hou/houston-texans

Short:

(1) Power struggle over locker room (b/w Nuk & BOB)

(2) BOB came at Nuk wrong - (1) sort of compared him to Aaron Hernandez & (2) said he has too many Baby Momma's / they were around too much

So we can add "horrible human being" to "bad GM" and "bad HC".

I doubt anything will happen (because Cal is just as bad a human) but it's out there now.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Watch Michael Irvin's recap of his discussion with Nuk

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/hou/houston-texans

Short:

(1) Power struggle over locker room (b/w Nuk & BOB)

(2) BOB came at Nuk wrong - (1) sort of compared him to Aaron Hernandez & (2) said he has too many Baby Momma's / they were around too much

OK, so let's pretend for a moment that it's fine that BOB didn't get along with Hopkins (it's not fine and his reasons are even more stupid than I imagined).

BOB still gave away a breath-taking amount of value in that trade. Clearly there were people willing to give up assets for a great WR, because Buffalo gave up far more for a lesser WR in Diggs the same #%@!^%$ day. That's inexcusable.

BOB is a bad coach for not being able to find a way to make things work with a star WR with no notable baggage. BOB is the worst GM of the last decade (or longer?) for the trade he made to solve his self-created, ego-driven problem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

browsed twitter and saw Braxton miller and jaelen strong lash out on o brien.  good stuff especially strong.  i said it from the get go strong got the short end of the stick here when we drafted him.  o brien ruined his career.

Strong is HEATED.

This being said, I think he's piling on. Strong was also cut by a few other teams, so it's not like he has evidence he was going to make it big time at the pro level...

He was bound to fail - could have been Kubiak or O'Brien. His track record post Houston sort of makes this case.

I'll never blame him for piling on, however.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Strong is HEATED.

He isn't wrong though..O'Brien misused him.  I know some people wanted Tyler Lockett instead of him even though Lockett went a pick ahead but I was one of the few that liked the Strong pick.  When he got his chance he wasn't THAT bad. 

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

He isn't wrong though..O'Brien misused him.  I know some people wanted Tyler Lockett instead of him even though Lockett went a pick ahead but I was one of the few that liked the Strong pick.  When he got his chance he wasn't THAT bad. 

See my edit - I'm okay with Strong going on as he is, but his post Texans career shows a guy who didn't make it.

• Like 1