Cardinals trade DeAndre Hopkins + for David Johnson +

RaidersAreOne

On 4/6/2020 at 6:39 AM, Texansfan713 said:

I'm hearing a bunch of people thinking Johnson might fail his physical. People I trust on these matters.

I don't have hope we'll get Hopkins back, he's never playing another down with the Texans again. But, I think we can reasonably ask for #8 instead of #40.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm hearing a bunch of people thinking Johnson might fail his physical. People I trust on these matters.

I don't have hope we'll get Hopkins back, he's never playing another down with the Texans again. But, I think we can reasonably ask for #8 instead of #40.

yep i don't see anyway Hopkins catches another pass for the Texans given the situation and the leaked rumors that came out. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

yep i don't see anyway Hopkins catches another pass for the Texans given the situation and the leaked rumors that came out. 

...CeeDee Lamb at 8 would be nice. ;)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Honestly we would be better off if they had to keep Johnson and we got our 4th round pick back. Probably we just say “oh well” and let the trade happen. 

hopkins has no value now. 

A 2nd and 2021 4th for Hopkins is a very bad value, but it's miles better than the current dumpster fire trade. It's probably the best case scenario, because BOB could find a worse way to screw up the trade if he got a full mulligan on it.

Edited by Texans02

5 hours ago, Texans02 said:

A 2nd and 2021 4th for Hopkins is a very bad value, but it's miles better than the current dumpster fire trade. It's probably the best case scenario, because BOB could find a worse way to screw up the trade if he got a full mulligan on it.

I would imagine that’s better than what we could get on the open market now. 

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I just want to know if BOB was after Johnson or the 2nd round pick. It’s not super important but determines what level of moron BOB is. 

I'm sure that it was Johnson, and the pick was a throw in to take Hopkins off his hands...

1 hour ago, lumberjackchris said:

Heard a rumor Hop was slightly unhappy that it was becoming Deshaun’s team even though he was a vet at the top of his game and been around a lot longer.

I don't buy this for one hot second. Hopkins knows the QB is the guy, especially a 1st round guy. 

And, if he IS bothered by this, Arizona with Kyler Murray isn't going to be much better.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I don't buy this for one hot second. Hopkins knows the QB is the guy, especially a 1st round guy. 

And, if he IS bothered by this, Arizona with Kyler Murray isn't going to be much better.

im not buying it either.  the SI article said he never had a relationship with O'Brien.  I can believe that 100 percent.  O'Brien isn't a player's coach like some Texans players claim he is.  He strikes me as an arrogant idiot who puts players in his dog house if they don't agree with him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

im not buying it either.  the SI article said he never had a relationship with O'Brien.  I can believe that 100 percent.  O'Brien isn't a player's coach like some Texans players claim he is.  He strikes me as an arrogant idiot who puts players in his dog house if they don't agree with him.

This is my belief as well - stories from guys like Brandon Brooks (who took some veiled shots at the Texans after the Eagles SB) Arian Foster (who mocked the whole "I'm just working hard and being the best teammate I can be" media position O'Brien tried to mandate during Hard Knocks) and Duane Brown (who threw the entire franchise under the bus on the Arian Foster podcast - mostly the McNair family and Rick Smith, but Bill O'Brien was part of that smear job) are now really starting to draw this picture.

Bill O'Brien has his favorites, and those who are his favorites get treated well - Nick Martin, JJ Watt, Berdnardrick McKinney, Xavier Sua-Filo, Brian Hoyer, Whitney Mercilius, Vince Wilfork, Jonathan Joseph, Ka'imi Farbairn - off the top of my head, these guys are BoB guys, IMO. They make mistakes on the field or they get constantly injured and BoB goes into his "It's an 8-8 league, it's hard to win football games," spin. There are some really good players here, but BoB treats them as if they're infallible.

Then you have everyone else - your guys like Hopkins, Keke Coutee, D'Onta Foreman, Jordan Thomas, Jordan Akins, Will Fuller, Kareem Jackson - talented players, but guys who are walking in eggshells, guys who are one "mistake" (on or off the field, subjective to BoB's interpretation of "mistake") away from having to get out of town.

This is a dictatorship, plain and simple. Bill O'Brien is the the Kim Jung Un of the NFL, a guy who views himself as a god to his subjects within the city of Houston. Bow to him and praise him and you will be taken care of, but if you insult him in any way - even in ways you didn't know were insults, such as having baby mamas - and he'll kill you (metaphorically speaking).

• Like 1