Cardinals trade DeAndre Hopkins + for David Johnson +

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Rumor was that BOB and Hopkins had it out for each other. Hopkins knee they couldn’t win with BOB and BOB thought Hopkins was lazy. 

If you have beef after beef after beef with players, maybe it's you (BOB)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Rumor was that BOB and Hopkins had it out for each other. Hopkins knee they couldn’t win with BOB and BOB thought Hopkins was lazy. 

Hearing the same thing; BoB went to Hopkins last season and flat out told him "you're not a good leader". Hopkins took exception to this, and the friction began. Instead of talking it out (like a grown man would) the fragile ego of BoB traded him away... for nothing, no less. 

I can't help but to think that Rick Smith or Brian Gaine (hell, even Chris Olson) would have stood in the way of such a stupid move. Goodness, I never thought I'd say we need Rick Smith back, but ...we need Rick Smith back.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Hearing the same thing; BoB went to Hopkins last season and flat out told him "you're not a good leader". Hopkins took exception to this, and the friction began. Instead of talking it out (like a grown man would) the fragile ego of BoB traded him away... for nothing, no less. 

I can't help but to think that Rick Smith or Brian Gaine (hell, even Chris Olson) would have stood in the way of such a stupid move. Goodness, I never thought I'd say we need Rick Smith back, but ...we need Rick Smith back.

That's insane! 

Hopkins is the structure for our entire offense on receiving, to think that BoB called someone who worked as hard as him to get to where they are lazy and a bad leader on a team full of Keke Coutee's and Jadeveon Clowney's, yk, people who actually spend all their time relying on their talent instead of trying to improve their craft, is crazy to me.

I can't blame him for leaving now if BoB seriously did him dirty like that. Like I said, BoB probably thought he won this trade, mainly cause he thought Hopkins WAS lazy, WAS a bad leader, WAS worth a 2nd. Once again, his attempt to be football IQ genius Belichick 2.0 fails.

• Like 1

Even if we would have gotten a 1st rounder instead of the 2nd rounder I still would have been pissed.  You cant trade a top WR in its prime while you are going 'all in".  If we were rebuilding I could understand.  David Johnson has had 1 1000 yard rushing seasons.  1!  In order for this trade to be even he would have to have 1500-2000 yards rushing with 10 touchdowns and the WR we select in round 2 better than multiple 1000 yard seasons in his career.  We got fleeced badly and i'm still pissed off about it. 

Edit:  On second thought even if the Texans made this trade while they were rebuilding it still would have been stupid. 

Edited by Texansfan713
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Ok im mad again.

Vikes just got back a haul for Diggs including a 1st and we cant even get a 1st for Hopkins.

I hate you O'Brien!

We should have atleast recouped those two 1sts for DeAndre, and even then lol its not enough

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Drained said:

We should have atleast recouped those two 1sts for DeAndre, and even then lol its not enough

I’ve been kicking this around. BOB must think that Johnson is a top 5 RB. If that were the case, I’d still be pissed but the value wouldn’t be as bad. 

this has to be a case of Johnson being over rated right? 

we are basically out of cap space now and we are worst than we were. Unless we draft 3 young studs, we are a mess. 

2 hours ago, Drained said:

Two firsts would have at least taken the sting out. You could at least argue you are getting value for a guy we should never have considered trading.

IMO, the Odell Beckham trade set the FLOOR for what we should have expected for a player of Hopkins' caliber: a 1st, a 3rd and a quality starter. We got a 2nd and an overpaid RB that appears to be in the fade of his career. Hopkins has multiple years on his contract, so it wasn't a walk year devaluation. There's no argument for cap, because DJ is apparently a larger cap hit.

I've got to hand it to BOB, he's legendary. You have to be a legendary %@#!&^ idiot to get outright negative value when trading away a beloved potential HOF player that's a consummate professional.

EDIT: Just read an ESPN article by Barnwell after this post and he also referenced the Beckham trade. And then trashed O'Brien.

Serious question -- does this end the Texans until O'Brien is gone? This is so astoundingly stupid I wouldn't blame the locker room for quietly agreeing to quit on him.

Edited by Texans02
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Texans02 said:

Two firsts would have at least taken the sting out. You could at least argue you are getting value for a guy we should never have considered trading.

IMO, the Odell Beckham trade set the FLOOR for what we should have expected for a player of Hopkins' caliber: a 1st, a 3rd and a quality starter. We got a 2nd and an overpaid RB that appears to be in the fade of his career. Hopkins has multiple years on his contract, so it wasn't a walk year devaluation. There's no argument for cap, because DJ is apparently a larger cap hit.

I've got to hand it to BOB, he's legendary. You have to be a legendary %@#!&^ idiot to get arguably negative value when trading away a potential HOF player that's a consummate professional.

Cooper just signed a 5/1000 million deal with Dallas. 

we had Hopkins locked up for 3 more years!!! His contract was more valuable than his production. Mind blowing. 

• Like 4