Cardinals trade DeAndre Hopkins + for David Johnson +

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

he gone

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

Watson out here quoting drake...yeah he gone.

check his likes, someone tweeted the lyrics to marvins room "I'm just saying, you could do better" with a pic of Belichick n he liked it :(

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Oh.  Well, I guess that makes it ok then...  SMH.

Oh that "Town Hall" was a disaster. It was BoB assuming we're all idiots and trying to justify trading the best WR in football for a broken down RB who hasn't done anything in four years, and Cal McNair basically agreeing with it.

The entire world sees BoB for who he is... except for Cal. Cal legitimately thinks BoB is the smartest guy in the room.

• Like 2

Did anyone else see what BOB said and wonder if he doesn't actually know the final trade? Like he was so eager to be rid of Hopkins he just signed off on whatever his lackey put in front of him and said "good riddance". He talks about "getting picks", but he only netted one pick. The other was a net loss.

I'm not sure which is worse: that he's too neglectful to account for what he traded, or if he actually thinks he did a good job trading a potential HOF receiver in his prime for a worse value than BAL got for their backup tight end.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Texans02 said:

Did anyone else see what BOB said and wonder if he doesn't actually know the final trade? Like he was so eager to be rid of Hopkins he just signed off on whatever his lackey put in front of him and said "good riddance". He talks about "getting picks", but he only netted one pick. The other was a net loss.

I want to say that's impossible because BoB is such a control freak, but ...well, this could very well be the case. 

12 hours ago, Texans02 said:

I'm not sure which is worse: that he's too neglectful to account for what he traded, or if he actually thinks he did a good job trading a potential HOF receiver in his prime for a worse value than BAL got for their backup tight end.

I think he's too neglectful, but he's too committed to admit he did anything wrong here. He made the trade and was immediately crucified for the deal, and rightfully so - but they put together this conference call where he goes into "T.E.A.M" and basically told everyone "It was a good trade, now shut up and jump on the wagon and renew your season tickets..."

And he's also under the impression that Houston fans are ...well, stupid. He thinks he can sell David Johnson as an adequate replacement production-wise to Hopkins... ignoring that the last time Johnson was productive, Jeff Fisher was still in the league. He's sitting there, probably telling Cal/Jack "Hey, don't worry, these idiots will still be paying for their tickets and buying overpriced beer and dry BBQ, we'll still be cashing checks..."

This is how I know I can't be a Texans fan this season. If David Johnson puts up 2,000 yfs and the Texans go 10-6, I will be incredibly upset - because it means BoB stumbled into yet another incredible twist of fate that worked into his favor, which I simply cannot have as a fan. It'll be great watching what Watson does (because it'll all be on him) and it'll also be great to see Will Fuller play a full season (that's a requirement now with Hopkins gone) but it's also very bitter to know the "T.E.A.M." will fail when it matters, because BoB will position him to fail.

This has got to be his last season, or I get further away from this team.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

I want to say that's impossible because BoB is such a control freak, but ...well, this could very well be the case. 

I think he's too neglectful, but he's too committed to admit he did anything wrong here. He made the trade and was immediately crucified for the deal, and rightfully so - but they put together this conference call where he goes into "T.E.A.M" and basically told everyone "It was a good trade, now shut up and jump on the wagon and renew your season tickets..."

And he's also under the impression that Houston fans are ...well, stupid. He thinks he can sell David Johnson as an adequate replacement production-wise to Hopkins... ignoring that the last time Johnson was productive, Jeff Fisher was still in the league. He's sitting there, probably telling Cal/Jack "Hey, don't worry, these idiots will still be paying for their tickets and buying overpriced beer and dry BBQ, we'll still be cashing checks..."

This is how I know I can't be a Texans fan this season. If David Johnson puts up 2,000 yfs and the Texans go 10-6, I will be incredibly upset - because it means BoB stumbled into yet another incredible twist of fate that worked into his favor, which I simply cannot have as a fan. It'll be great watching what Watson does (because it'll all be on him) and it'll also be great to see Will Fuller play a full season (that's a requirement now with Hopkins gone) but it's also very bitter to know the "T.E.A.M." will fail when it matters, because BoB will position him to fail.

This has got to be his last season, or I get further away from this team.

The crazy thing is that we have such a good roster that had we not blown a historic lead in a historic amount of time, we might have won the super bowl last year despite BOB. Imagine if we had a good coach. 

• Like 3

i miss kubiak.  we can rag on him all he wants but one of the main reasons he had to be let go was cause schaub imploded.  you can only do so much with schaub and kubiak made him serviceable.  imagine how good the team would be with kubiak and the weapons he would have on offense with the current roster including hopkins.  o brien has never had a top 10 offense.  kubiak has had multiple seasons of top 10 offenses with less talent.