Jags claim WR Jaelen Strong from Texans

LinderFournette

45 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I like it. Need a big body at WR with ARob out. Was not good in HOU, but was a former highly viewed prospect. Why not take a shot?

Like that we're staying active on waivers.

Benns a big body ;) 

biggest problems coming out was Lack of Seperation and game speed(dont give me this 4.4 Underwear time)

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I like it. Need a big body at WR with ARob out. Was not good in HOU, but was a former highly viewed prospect. Why not take a shot?

Like that we're staying active on waivers.

Yeah. The guys we have aren't getting it done without ARob. There's a big possession type sorely missing from the mix. 

Doubt Strong is actually that guy. But it can't hurt at this point. 

10 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah. The guys we have aren't getting it done without ARob. There's a big possession type sorely missing from the mix. 

Doubt Strong is actually that guy. But it can't hurt at this point. 

just a snipet from a scouting report from NFL.com

Strong looks the part of a physical, possession receiver with a relatively high floor.

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

Strong looks the part of a physical, possession receiver with a relatively high floor.

Well, it hasn't looked that way thus far. Going to be difficult to show up with Blake throwing the ball too.

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

I know full well who Jaelen Strong was supposed to be as a prospect.  That's certainly the type of receiver he is.  It's just that the "high floor" hasn't really materialized, and a possession receiver who isn't a reliable volume target and able to consistently get safe separation in tight...isn't really much of a possession receiver at all.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Well, it hasn't looked that way thus far. Going to be difficult to show up with Blake throwing the ball too.

I mean, that's part of why a big catch radius 50/50 balls possession receiver it's such a glaring need with ARob gone.  Blake doesn't have anything resembling the precision to make other types work consistently.  He needs a safety blanket he can just chuck it in the general direction of and convert some downs.

2 minutes ago, Jags said:

This signing will be a poor attempt to replace A-Rob.  Strong has potential,  but I am not sure the Jaguars get it out of him. 

I mean, you don't replace a guy like him if we're being honest. At least they are picking up players to hopefully catch lightning in a bottle (obviously unlikely, but not like we have any superior options at the back end of our WR depth chart).

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

I mean, you don't replace a guy like him if we're being honest. At least they are picking up players to hopefully catch lightning in a bottle (obviously unlikely, but not like we have any superior options at the back end of our WR depth chart).

im suprised we havent tried Using Benn More. hes got some Size/Speed. 

you know who we need to use more. we Need to try James out more. the guy seems like a potential Redzone threat with his Size and athleticism.  he was compared to Ladarius Green so hes gotta be atleast half-way decent. 

9 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

im suprised we havent tried Using Benn More. hes got some Size/Speed. 

you know who we need to use more. we Need to try James out more. the guy seems like a potential Redzone threat with his Size and athleticism.  he was compared to Ladarius Green so hes gotta be atleast half-way decent. 

O'Shaugnessy has only been here a couple weeks, I'm sure as he gets acclimated more and more he should get more run. It's not like 'Cedes is doing much for us.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah.  The reality is, we need a big body guy to even make a lot of the offense actually function.  And we don't have it.  It's desperation, but eh...at least they appear to be recognizing the hole ARob has left in the receiving corps.

Archived