Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
J-ALL-DAY

49ers and DE Arik Armstead Agree to 5 Year Deal

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

 

So basically a 3 year 41 mil deal with extra years if he keeps his level of the past year up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

So basically a 3 year 41 mil deal with extra years if he keeps his level of the past year up.

Yup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

So basically a 3 year 41 mil deal with extra years if he keeps his level of the past year up.

Yep, that's what I'm seeing. 

Super light cap hits the first couple of years. Roughly 6 million this year, 10 next season. 

Not sure why they added the voidable year 6...signing bonus is only spread out over 5. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yep, that's what I'm seeing. 

Super light cap hits the first couple of years. Roughly 6 million this year, 10 next season. 

Not sure why they added the voidable year 6...signing bonus is only spread out over 5. 

For fluff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yep, that's what I'm seeing. 

Super light cap hits the first couple of years. Roughly 6 million this year, 10 next season. 

Not sure why they added the voidable year 6...signing bonus is only spread out over 5. 

Maybe a thing that makes restructuring easier if he stays for more than 3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But from the looks a typical Maarathe contract where the base number is higher than the actual contract and most of it is fluff unless the level of play is high enough to warrant the pay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk if it’s brought up, but after this year we can make a real run at Joey Bosa. We could trade/waive ford in a deal that involves him.

i would love that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Maybe a thing that makes restructuring easier if he stays for more than 3. 

That's a good point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John232 said:

Idk if it’s brought up, but after this year we can make a real run at Joey Bosa. We could trade/waive ford in a deal that involves him.

i would love that.

I was thinking this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol when the rumor was he was taking a discount to stay he sure did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow....he really did take a team discount. Hard to look at his cap hits and not think they thought long and hard about paying DeFo 21 a year. His first year cap hit allows for us to do some serious wheeling and dealing. Quinn is still in play, which makes me very happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Wow....he really did take a team discount. Hard to look at his cap hits and not think they thought long and hard about paying DeFo 21 a year. His first year cap hit allows for us to do some serious wheeling and dealing. Quinn is still in play, which makes me very happy.

Never doubt our money guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Wow....he really did take a team discount. Hard to look at his cap hits and not think they thought long and hard about paying DeFo 21 a year. His first year cap hit allows for us to do some serious wheeling and dealing. Quinn is still in play, which makes me very happy.

Yeah I wonder if Arik feels bad knowing that he took less AND they traded one of his best friends shortly after 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sherm said:

Never doubt our money guy.

Best in the business (even if he's only the best in the business because I'm not actually in the business) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×