49ers and DE Arik Armstead Agree to 5 Year Deal

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

So basically a 3 year 41 mil deal with extra years if he keeps his level of the past year up.

Yep, that's what I'm seeing. 

Super light cap hits the first couple of years. Roughly 6 million this year, 10 next season. 

Not sure why they added the voidable year 6...signing bonus is only spread out over 5. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yep, that's what I'm seeing. 

Super light cap hits the first couple of years. Roughly 6 million this year, 10 next season. 

Not sure why they added the voidable year 6...signing bonus is only spread out over 5. 

Maybe a thing that makes restructuring easier if he stays for more than 3. 

Wow....he really did take a team discount. Hard to look at his cap hits and not think they thought long and hard about paying DeFo 21 a year. His first year cap hit allows for us to do some serious wheeling and dealing. Quinn is still in play, which makes me very happy.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Wow....he really did take a team discount. Hard to look at his cap hits and not think they thought long and hard about paying DeFo 21 a year. His first year cap hit allows for us to do some serious wheeling and dealing. Quinn is still in play, which makes me very happy.

Never doubt our money guy.

29 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Yeah I wonder if Arik feels bad knowing that he took less AND they traded one of his best friends shortly after