FA KC

valkrei

What I consider a bit weird is that there are no news about second/third tier re-signings.

It really looks a bit like the Chiefs are playing the comp pick game. If they play it well they may end up with 3 - 4 picks. Fuller came in as a 4th, Ogbah as a 5th.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

What I consider a bit weird is that there are no news about second/third tier re-signings.

It really looks a bit like the Chiefs are playing the comp pick game. If they play it well they may end up with 3 - 4 picks. Fuller came in as a 4th, Ogbah as a 5th.

Going for comp picks is the smart choice imo.

I feel like we could get Sherman and Lucas back at a good deal. I would like Pennel, and Breeland if the price isn't too high.

I'm really surprised that Robinson hasn't signed yet.

10 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Going for comp picks is the smart choice imo.

I feel like we could get Sherman and Lucas back at a good deal. I would like Pennel, and Breeland if the price isn't too high.

I'm really surprised that Robinson hasn't signed yet.

They are still working the 10 M$/annum guys  .. too much for him. May even have to wait until after the draft.

Just struck me:

The Chiefs did not release Watkins yet, keeping him out of the big spending spree ... what's that all about? Trying to keep him because all other teams used up their cap and can't offer him a big deal? Holding out for a late pick from a desperate team?

11 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Kemp wouldn't count against the cap right now ... top 51 rule.

Are you sure?  He should have the same tag numbers as Yelder at 750k which would put him towards counting. 

We are currently operating from the red, which of why I think we didn’t tender anyone else on the top 51

21 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Are you sure?  He should have the same tag numbers as Yelder at 750k which would put him towards counting. 

We are currently operating from the red, which of why I think we didn’t tender anyone else on the top 51

let's be it 200 k$ give or take  .. doesn't really matter.

Edited by KC_Guy

49 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Just struck me:

The Chiefs did not release Watkins yet, keeping him out of the big spending spree ... what's that all about? Trying to keep him because all other teams used up their cap and can't offer him a big deal? Holding out for a late pick from a desperate team?

With the Hopkins and Diggs trades, I'm really surprised we didn't/couldn't move him for less. I'd take a 3rd for him for that cap relief. He'd be an upgrade on several teams.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

With the Hopkins and Diggs trades, I'm really surprised we didn't/couldn't move him for less. I'd take a 3rd for him for that cap relief. He'd be an upgrade on several teams.

I'd take a 7th  ... but may be that is the problem  ..