Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I really like DRob but disagree with this entirely.

He's #4 on our depth chart. I think he'd be a decent #2 at best, which don't get me wrong, teams need.

Although, some teams do have some really poor WR depth. An argument could be made that he'd be WR1 on the Jets, Bills, Pats, Lions, Raiders, Eagles, or Texans. So he could be their WR1 but it doesn't mean he'd be a good WR1.

Edited by kingseanjohn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I really like DRob but disagree with this entirely.

He would for sure be a #2 for some teams and for sure a lot of #3's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's worth more on the Chiefs as a #3 WR than on another team as a #2. He's dangerous if teams got Hill and Hardman covered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all about comp picks.

Quote

...While we don’t yet know all the parameters of the one-year deal the Chiefs gave Sherman last week, it’s a virtual certainty that it will also be a VSB deal. If that’s true, it means that aside from the exclusive rights free agent contracts given to tight end Deon Yelder and guard Andrew Wylie — each of which are minimum-salary deals carrying cap hits of only $750,000 — every contract the Chiefs have given to veteran free agents has used the VSB of the new CBA. All told, seven players have been signed to one-year veteran free-agent contracts totaling $8.3 million — but that count only $6.1 million against the cap.

To be sure, VSB contracts carry a built-in disadvantage: they can only be used for one-year agreements; therefore they do nothing to improve the roster over the long term.

But aside from the money teams can save against the salary cap in the current season, they carry another big advantage: under Article 10 in Appendix V of the new CBA, players signed to VSB contracts do not count in the NFL’s compensatory picks formula. Even if any of the team’s VSB players have fantastic seasons in 2020, their signings won’t hinder the Chiefs from gaining compensatory picks in the 2021 NFL Draft because of players they lost in free agency this year...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

He's #4 on our depth chart. I think he'd be a decent #2 at best, which don't get me wrong, teams need.

Although, some teams do have some really poor WR depth. An argument could be made that he'd be WR1 on the Jets, Bills, Pats, Lions, Raiders, Eagles, or Texans. So he could be their WR1 but it doesn't mean he'd be a good WR1.

Right, though I think it is more correct to say a decent WR2 at worst. The Patriots have had less starting both sides for multiple rings. When they had an elite WR for a year, they went 16-0.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I'm all about comp picks.

 

Quote

 

.While we don’t yet know all the parameters of the one-year deal the Chiefs gave Sherman last week, it’s a virtual certainty that it will also be a VSB deal. If that’s true, it means that aside from the exclusive rights free agent contracts given to tight end Deon Yelder and guard Andrew Wylie — each of which are minimum-salary deals carrying cap hits of only $750,000 — every contract the Chiefs have given to veteran free agents has used the VSB of the new CBA. All told, seven players have been signed to one-year veteran free-agent contracts totaling $8.3 million — but that count only $6.1 million against the cap.

To be sure, VSB contracts carry a built-in disadvantage: they can only be used for one-year agreements; therefore they do nothing to improve the roster over the long term.

But aside from the money teams can save against the salary cap in the current season, they carry another big advantage: under Article 10 in Appendix V of the new CBA, players signed to VSB contracts do not count in the NFL’s compensatory picks formula. Even if any of the team’s VSB players have fantastic seasons in 2020, their signings won’t hinder the Chiefs from gaining compensatory picks in the 2021 NFL Draft because of players they lost in free agency this year...

 

Making the best out of available cap space. Now deduct 650k per player pushed out of the top 51 ... and those 7 player count roughly 1.5 M$ against the cap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Watkins was gone. This gives Mahomes another receiving weapon which will make it harder for opposing Ds to scheme.

I still believe the Chiefs need to bolster the O line in the draft. The dual benefit is protecting the most dangerous passer in the NFL and helping in the run game. The only thing that hurts Mahomes is lack of time. Solidify the interior line and good things will happen. I cringe when I see mocks where we draft running back with our 1st pick as I see this as a luxury pick, not a pick of need.

On D we need a CB and LB. As always, can't wait for the draft and see how things pan out versus my projections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice.   Smart for multiple reasons,    at least now if/when he leaves as a FA he will be eligible for a comp pick.

Happy to have the full display of weapons back for Pat,   get an upgrade or 2 on the IOL and this offense is even scarier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KCsb said:

I thought Watkins was gone. This gives Mahomes another receiving weapon which will make it harder for opposing Ds to scheme.

I still believe the Chiefs need to bolster the O line in the draft. The dual benefit is protecting the most dangerous passer in the NFL and helping in the run game. The only thing that hurts Mahomes is lack of time. Solidify the interior line and good things will happen. I cringe when I see mocks where we draft running back with our 1st pick as I see this as a luxury pick, not a pick of need.

On D we need a CB and LB. As always, can't wait for the draft and see how things pan out versus my projections.

D'andre is the only RB i would take #1. After that there are several others in round 2 or 3 worth taking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This could be a move to help sign CJ and im expecting a similar contract with lots of incentives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Camp body. Three years. No starts. He does have 60 receptions, but it's on 119 targets. Outside chance to make the team but I'm keeping my money in my pocket.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Camp body. Three years. No starts. He does have 60 receptions, but it's on 119 targets. Outside chance to make the team but I'm keeping my money in my pocket.

J

I think he could be the #3. But I could also see us going with Kelce, Yelder, and Keizer.

I expect our team this year to look a lot like last year. With the shortened offseason, it will be important to have players who know the scheme and can start out running day one. Any rookies likely won't be making an impact until late season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Seals-Jones.   Great athlete,  not too far of from what we had with Demetrius Harris.   Hasn’t exactly played in TE friendly systems,  the potential is there...  he’s good competition for the #2 spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×