Jump to content

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I read that we aren't tendering WR Marcus Kemp. That one is a bit surprising to me.

Obviously injury concerns about his ACL/MCL. Terez reported the door still is open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I consider a bit weird is that there are no news about second/third tier re-signings.

It really looks a bit like the Chiefs are playing the comp pick game. If they play it well they may end up with 3 - 4 picks. Fuller came in as a 4th, Ogbah as a 5th.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

What I consider a bit weird is that there are no news about second/third tier re-signings.

It really looks a bit like the Chiefs are playing the comp pick game. If they play it well they may end up with 3 - 4 picks. Fuller came in as a 4th, Ogbah as a 5th.

Going for comp picks is the smart choice imo.

I feel like we could get Sherman and Lucas back at a good deal. I would like Pennel, and Breeland if the price isn't too high.

I'm really surprised that Robinson hasn't signed yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Going for comp picks is the smart choice imo.

I feel like we could get Sherman and Lucas back at a good deal. I would like Pennel, and Breeland if the price isn't too high.

I'm really surprised that Robinson hasn't signed yet.

They are still working the 10 M$/annum guys  .. too much for him. May even have to wait until after the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna miss Fuller. I would have kept him at 10M per.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I would expect Kemp back,

I think we’re just biding our time until Jones is traded personally 

Edited by samsel23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just struck me:

The Chiefs did not release Watkins yet, keeping him out of the big spending spree ... what's that all about? Trying to keep him because all other teams used up their cap and can't offer him a big deal? Holding out for a late pick from a desperate team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

I would expect Kemp back,

I think we’re just biding our time until Jones is traded personally 

Kemp wouldn't count against the cap right now ... top 51 rule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Kemp wouldn't count against the cap right now ... top 51 rule.

Are you sure?  He should have the same tag numbers as Yelder at 750k which would put him towards counting. 
 

We are currently operating from the red, which of why I think we didn’t tender anyone else on the top 51

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Are you sure?  He should have the same tag numbers as Yelder at 750k which would put him towards counting. 
 

We are currently operating from the red, which of why I think we didn’t tender anyone else on the top 51

let's be it 200 k$ give or take  .. doesn't really matter.

Edited by KC_Guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Just struck me:

The Chiefs did not release Watkins yet, keeping him out of the big spending spree ... what's that all about? Trying to keep him because all other teams used up their cap and can't offer him a big deal? Holding out for a late pick from a desperate team?

With the Hopkins and Diggs trades, I'm really surprised we didn't/couldn't move him for less. I'd take a 3rd for him for that cap relief. He'd be an upgrade on several teams.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

With the Hopkins and Diggs trades, I'm really surprised we didn't/couldn't move him for less. I'd take a 3rd for him for that cap relief. He'd be an upgrade on several teams.

I'd take a 7th  ... but may be that is the problem  .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or teams know we are operating super close to the line and aren’t offering as much.  

For as long we hold them, teams know we can’t be active with FA’s.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should've traded Watkins and a 2021 4th for Hopkins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...