FA KC

valkrei

26 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Next one, same mold:

Very good on special teams, but a below average corner who should play only when really necessary.

Looks like you guys signed Mike Remmers as well. If he's your backup RT, you could do a lot worse. If he is playing any other position, you could be in trouble. 

15 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Very good on special teams, but a below average corner who should play only when really necessary.

Looks like you guys signed Mike Remmers as well. If he's your backup RT, you could do a lot worse. If he is playing any other position, you could be in trouble. 

Probably considered backup everything like Wisniewski last year ...

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

What if Antonio played S instead?

32 minutes ago, valkrei said:

What if Antonio played S instead?

He never played safety for us. I have no idea how he'd do; it'd be an entirely new position for him.

Don't you guys have like the best safety tandem in the league with Mathieu and Thornhill? Why would Hamilton be playing safety?

31 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

He never played safety for us. I have no idea how he'd do; it'd be an entirely new position for him.

Don't you guys have like the best safety tandem in the league with Mathieu and Thornhill? Why would Hamilton be playing safety?

You guys run mostly off man with your CB’s correct?   Does he struggle more in man or zone,   Or just pretty average in coverage all the way around?  Honestly never heard of this guy 

1 minute ago, samsel23 said:

You guys run mostly off man with your CB’s correct?   Does he struggle more in man or zone,   Or just pretty average in coverage all the way around?  Honestly never heard of this guy 

Because he is bad and not even worth evaluating. Where is real value lies is on special teams, which is what I expect you guys signed him for. He's made some pretty impressive plays in punt coverage. As a CB though, he doesn't really offer anything.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Because he is bad and not even worth evaluating. Where is real value lies is on special teams, which is what I expect you guys signed him for. He's made some pretty impressive plays in punt coverage. As a CB though, he doesn't really offer anything.

Our Special Teams are already seriously good, as in #1 in the NFL by FootballOutsiders weighted statistics. I doubt they signed him for that.

Fuller, now departed, played much better when the play developed in front of him. As a cover CB, not so hot. As a coverage safety he was very good. Also, Thornhill is coming off a major injury. He should be available when the seasons starts, but that does not mean he will be 100%.

J

5 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Our Special Teams are already seriously good, as in #1 in the NFL by FootballOutsiders weighted statistics. I doubt they signed him for that.

Fuller, now departed, played much better when the play developed in front of him. As a cover CB, not so hot. As a coverage safety he was very good. Also, Thornhill is coming off a major injury. He should be available when the seasons starts, but that does not mean he will be 100%.

J

Ehh ST’s ranked well,  but they were pretty inconsistent.   They had some awful games this past year.   I could definitely see Toub asking for some strictly ST guys.   Is he’s more than that, it’s a bonus.  

I don't mind the Remmer pick up, Hamilton send like a filling the roster move.  It is nice to see that we actually have a pulse, though I don't know that I consider either of these moves to be really worth noting as "improving" the team.  I'm hoping that this is all related to us working diligently, keeping our focus on Watkins/Jones deals.  At this point, I have some serious concerns about it ability to field competitive units.  Offensively, yes we'll be about to score, but the list of guys starting for D right now leave a lot to be desired.

In theory, both these guys are just depth. Remmer can cover anywhere but center. Hamilton can play ST and spot duty at CB.

We still need at least one more starting grade DB but, until last season, that would not have included Baushad Breeland. He had a a very high profile first half in the Super Bowl.

It still feels strange talking about Chiefs having good games in the Super Bowl.

J

14 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Spags likes versatile DBs that he can deploy to disguise coverages. Kendall Fuller played some safety as well. Really allows Tyrann Mathieu to roam and make plays.

12 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

J

Yeah but maybe this frees up guys like Fenton and Ward from ST duty, especially since they’re expected to take on more starting snaps next season.

I really hope we talk to Desir from Indy.  Maybe not a top DB, but has great size, and would bring someone who could start.  I'd still really like for us to bring back Breeland, but something just isn't adding up there...perhaps nobody offering a longer term contract...