Baltimore trades TE Hayden Hurst to Atlanta

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

It's like teams are trying to do the Ravens favors.  Pro Bowl DE for a 5th?  Sure.  Want a 2nd for an average to above average TE?  Sure

An average to above average TE on a roster that is glut with TE's, so they won't even feel the loss.  Waller blowing up with the Raiders has sparked this.

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

An average to above average TE on a roster that is glut with TE's, so they won't even feel the loss.  Waller blowing up with the Raiders has sparked this.

Hurst is going to blow up too. He's a WAY better receiving option than any TE in this draft. 3 more years of rookie deal (including option year). He will put up big numbers with Ryan.

I'm certain there were a LOT of bids for him given the lack of supply fro TEs. Glad he's going to the NFC.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

430/350

for

~40

Values Hurst at the 48th pick or the 56th pick

Atlanta got hosed. Hurst is a bust.

Mitchell Schwartz made a comment about how Erick Flowers would have been out of the league well before this had he been a third day pick. I feel like Hurst is getting a bit of that as well. Rookie deal and all but if he were a later pick he'd probably have zero trade value. Not terrible but not someone you'd aggressive acquire.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Wasn't this guy like 37 years old when drafted?

Yea, he's 26 (will be 27 later this year), but you have 3 years of him under contract where he WILL be a top 10 receiving TE, barring the unforeseen. If the Falcons planned to do anything for the rest of Ryan's career, they got a great short-intermediate option for their offense.

Where as im not thrilled with giving a 2nd for Hurst i do like upgrading that 5th to a 4th in this draft.  I also MUCH PREFER Hurst as a TE than any TE in this draft as i really didn't like this drafts TE groupings and if we were going to give a 2nd or 3rd round pick anyways to draft one then i rather just give it to the Ravens for Hurst who i think is more talented than any TE coming out this year by quite a bit while upgrading our 5th round pick in doing so.   So as a Falcon fan i look at it like this  if we had to give a 2nd for a TE anyways or were going to in the draft i rather this happen than that.

• Like 1