Baltimore trades TE Hayden Hurst to Atlanta

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

LOL!  They could of had Deandre Hopkins for that lol.  

Given the timing on the announcement you just know EDC was pounding the table to get the trade finalized/called in ASAP before they had a chance to think about making that connection... Big Brain Bob tryin to ruin the trade curve for the whole damn rest of the league. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Fair. I don't know about your third TE but I can't imagine flipping a top end tight cost controlled tight end for a second if you think he's a legit top ten talent.

Hayden was the 3rd TE. Nick Boyle is our 2nd, and he's an elite blocker.

Hurst is underrated in here. There have been several studies of the Ravens offense and it is clear that Hurst gets great separation and if not for the chemistry between Lamar and Andrews/Lamars inability to find Hurst down the field, Hurst would have had a much bigger year than he had.

Ofc every WR/TE has plays where the QB doesn't see them open, but if Lamar had seen Hurst open just a couple of more times, Hurst would have had several plays like the one he had against the Bills.

I don't hate getting a Tight End. I hate that it's a 2nd round pick. That pick should have been a Safety or a Corner, not a Tight End. The Falcons had one of the worst defenses in the NFL last season (The 2nd half improvement was a fluke, as far as I'm concerned and that won't be replicated) - you badly needed to upgrade a lot of pieces on your defense.

Here's to the Falcons again having a bottom 5 defense in 2020.

Edited by Hukos

I love the trade. Hurst is more dynamic than Hooper was, and the Falcons had to get creative to keep everything under the cap for this one. I think the trade essentially goes back to the Patriots situation. Sanu + a 5th for Hurst + a 4th is a smart trade every day.

15 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I love the trade. Hurst is more dynamic than Hooper was, and the Falcons had to get creative to keep everything under the cap for this one. I think the trade essentially goes back to the Patriots situation. Sanu + a 5th for Hurst + a 4th is a smart trade every day.

Is the 2nd you’re giving up yours (47) or New England’s (55)?