Baltimore trades TE Hayden Hurst to Atlanta

RaidersAreOne

37 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Imagine if they had used that second on Nuk instead. Julio + Nuk would have been insane.

Not possible my friend as we don't have anywhere near the cap space to handle something like that.  Hurst has the Talent to be a top 3 to 5 TE in the league i personally think he just needs the opportunity to shine

1 hour ago, Hukos said:

I don't hate getting a Tight End. I hate that it's a 2nd round pick. That pick should have been a Safety or a Corner, not a Tight End. The Falcons had one of the worst defenses in the NFL last season (The 2nd half improvement was a fluke, as far as I'm concerned and that won't be replicated) - you badly needed to upgrade a lot of pieces on your defense.

Here's to the Falcons again having a bottom 5 defense in 2020.

how can you say safety is a need, we have 3 who are at least above average.

would have perferred to keep the 2nd and used it pass rusher or corner but hayden should really shine in our offense.

Edited by GSUeagles14

4 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Neal is coming off significant injury and you expecting him to play at even replacement level in 2020 is wishful thinking. Realistically, his play will probably be mediocre given his injury history. Kazee is awful. Kazee literally can't tackle to save his life. Allen did an okay job in 2019 and is generally above average but you can improve upon him.

Acting like Safety isn't a pretty significant need will lead to a lot of shockedpikachu.jpg moments in 2020 when the entire secondary is getting roasted by pretty average WRs.

8 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

would have perferred to keep the 2nd and used it pass rusher or corner but hayden should really shine in our offense.

Agreed with everything you said here although i wouldn't have added CB before Trufant got cut but since he is gone im not doubting a early round CB at all now.   I really think this might be the year we trade down a few times.  This draft is crazy deep in the 1st 4 rounds or so and we might actually be able to get a similar player to say a Chassion in the late 1st or possibly early 2nd.  This is assuming all the guys like Kinlaw, Brown, simmons, etc... are all off the board already as i have them a step ahead of guys like Chassion and Epenesa who i don't have rated much higher than guys like Matos, Uche, Blalock, Swift, Dobbins, Henderson, Fulton, and Gallimore.  Who i think alot of people consider mid 20's to 2nd round guys.

Edited by FalconFan13

16 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

GMs, executives and guys who get paid know more than us. So it's always funny seeing all us future GMs give our valued, knowledged opinion on trade values. Stay in our lanes.

They know more than us.... i promise you. All 32 teams. Them >>>>> than us at this stuff.

That's true for most teams. That's not true for the Atlanta Falcons.

24 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

GMs, executives and guys who get paid know more than us. So it's always funny seeing all us future GMs give our valued, knowledged opinion on trade values. Stay in our lanes.

They know more than us.... i promise you. All 32 teams. Them >>>>> than us at this stuff.

Have some self-respect. Everyone here, including  you, would be better at this than Bill O'Brien

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hukos said:

I don't hate getting a Tight End. I hate that it's a 2nd round pick. That pick should have been a Safety or a Corner, not a Tight End. The Falcons had one of the worst defenses in the NFL last season (The 2nd half improvement was a fluke, as far as I'm concerned and that won't be replicated) - you badly needed to upgrade a lot of pieces on your defense.

Here's to the Falcons again having a bottom 5 defense in 2020.

I will throw out there that I don't think it's particularly wise to decide what position group a specific pick in a given round needs to be used on before the draft happens.