49ers trade Buckner to Colts

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, marshawn lynch said:

Ehhh 13th overall pick for Buckner is way to much... then they paid him 21 million on top of that. Huge over pay

I mean, yes and no. this is one of those really weird trades, right? Because on the surface, it looks like so much value given how much value we give to draft picks...but there's a good chance that whomever is picked there is a total bust. 

Just now, Forge said:

Hopkins wants a new deal, that was the impetus for moving him (and BOB is a moron). If Diggs would only report with a new deal, or demanded a new deal, this is a different discussion for sure. 

Isn't that why he wants out of Minnesota?

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

Colts just got an incredible player, incredible teammate. Consummate professional, hes always suited up on gameday. 

At least we got more than david Johnson and a 2nd? @ET80help me, one of my favorite players just got traded 

Glad to see my misery helps you out. 

Be gone, demon.

• Like 2

Worst case scenario for the 49ers is the top 3 WR are all gone by 13.  Even then, they could take Javon Kinlaw and possibly have little drop off on their DL, but paying $19 million less a year the next 4 years vs keeping Buckner.

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

If it's just the players, if I'm the 49ers I would have rather kept Buckner than Armstead.

But it's a 2020 high first for Buckner versus a 2021 late 3rd they'd have gotten for Armstead.

Very difficult. AA was better last year (despite the all pro nod for Buck), but historically Buck has obviously been a stud. Disappeared a lot last year for my liking, but still was very good. I agree with your take here; the value of return is important. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DTMW78 said:

Isn't that why he wants out of Minnesota?

No, I think he wants out of Minny for other reasons...more personal. There has been scuttle before that he and Kirk dont' get along. Whether there is truth to that, I don't know. I also have no idea how he feels about Zimmer. But he's had some angry against the Vikings, that's for sure.