49ers trade Buckner to Colts

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

So much this. And still had the 13th overall pick.....smfh

#31 and next year's 3rd and Coleman beats what Cardinals offered. Or heck, just #31 and one of our 5th plus Coleman. Don't need anything else in return. 

Like getting Hopkins and then having the #13 pick would have been SO SO SO good. 

• Like 1

Just now, Justone2 said:

Cutting Thomas makes no sense in terms of what the savings are. 

Yeah, I wanted him gone at after seeing his 9 mil cap hit, but we'd be then paying him 4 mil of our cap to simply not be on the team. 

Ouch. Guess we keep him, unless someone offers us more than anyone should for him. 

Just now, Gridirongreat#9 said:

So does this mean we are keeping Solomon Thomas? 

I think that goes w/o saying at this point. He has no more excuses though. The guy who was essentially playing his position was just ushered out the door. Its put up time now. He NEEDS to show and prove, now more than ever.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

#31 and next year's 3rd and Coleman beats what Cardinals offered. Or heck, just #31 and one of our 5th plus Coleman. Don't need anything else in return. 

Like getting Hopkins and then having the #13 pick would have been SO SO SO good. 

Sounds like Arizona is going to have to pay him. I can't imagine that is going to be cheap. We'd be right up against it again with Kittle still due. I like the fact we can draft a bonafide #1 receiver and have him for 5 years of contract control at a reasonable/cheap cap number while still adding someone at #31 (or turning 31 into more picks). Obviously Hop is a known commodity, but he's older and will be expensive. I would have rather have kept Buck than Armstead, but there is no way we get the return on him in a trade and I don't think there was any way we were getting Buck back while still having to sign Kittle. I understand that is somewhat unrelated, but I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not too bummed out that we lost out on Hopkins. I think I'm more bummed out that he went to a divisional team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Sounds like Arizona is going to have to pay him. I can't imagine that is going to be cheap. We'd be right up against it again with Kittle still due. I like the fact we can draft a bonafide #1 receiver and have him for 5 years of contract control at a reasonable/cheap cap number while still adding someone at #31 (or turning 31 into more picks). Obviously Hop is a known commodity, but he's older and will be expensive. I would have rather have kept Buck than Armstead, but there is no way we get the return on him in a trade and I don't think there was any way we were getting Buck back while still having to sign Kittle. I understand that is somewhat unrelated, but I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not too bummed out that we lost out on Hopkins. I think I'm more bummed out that he went to a divisional team. 

Well that was the icing on the cake for me as to why it should have been us. The last thing we needed was to have them give Murray a legitimate weapon on the outside....no offense to Fitz.

The thing that sucks is that even if this is good value in return (it is), and we can justify the move given the contract he wanted and not feeling comfortable giving it to him (we can; he was invisible a lot last year), we are a worse team today than we were yesterday. Period. And that sucks. 

• Like 2